Flush-mount quarter glass...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Does someone makes some flush-mount quarter glass for our cars? (Made of real glass, not plexi)…
Thanks,
Claude.

This has been beaten to death. There was a long thread on this years ago but nothing transpired. Wish someone would!

This has been beaten to death. There was a long thread on this years ago but nothing transpired. Wish someone would!
Finally, no one ever made them?…Mmmm…I was sure that I saw a thread a while ago and that someone was supposed to start to manufacture and sell them…:(
Thanks anyway,
Claude.

I can't remember all the details but on one of the Buick Facebook groups someone was saying he's got some in the works.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I can't remember all the details but on one of the Buick Facebook groups someone was saying he's got some in the works.

You don't happen to know who would you?… I'm not on Facebook… :rolleyes:

Claude.

Sorry no. I went back and looked but couldn't find it. I think he has a set now but is waiting for his car to get painted in the next few weeks before fitting them and showing them.
If I see anything else about it I'll let you know.

Chance, that's the guy who was last talking about doing it... Sorry Claude don't know how to post links

Problem is, flush windows would never be one size fits all. There 100% would be body work involved.

The proper way is to do it the old hot rod way. Weld in more metal. Use the factory glass. The way top hot rod builders have been doing for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry no. I went back and looked but couldn't find it. I think he has a set now but is waiting for his car to get painted in the next few weeks before fitting them and showing them.
If I see anything else about it I'll let you know.

Ok please do…
Thanks! ;)
and
Think it was a guy with a skunk in his avatar, skunkworks?
Yes, found the guy in the members list…goes by the nickname "CHANCE" and does have a skunk for an avatar…but he doesn't look like an easy guy to reach…:( There doesn't seem to be a way to send him a "pm" and also he hasn't posted anything in a while. o_O

Claude.

Last edited:
Yup. Interested in this. Or ANY quarter glass reproduction for that matter.

I was subscribed to that thread years ago. Never actually went anywhere

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Yup. Interested in this. Or ANY quarter glass reproduction for that matter.

I was subscribed to that thread years ago. Never actually went anywhere

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
I don't want to get your hopes up, but last year my GN was in the shop and the owner asked me it I wanted to replace the quarter panel glass and that the cost was $379 for the part. I just talked to my wife about it and she said she will call. My wife seems to have better luck when dealing with certain people. I'm not promising anything, but I will try.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but last year my GN was in the shop and the owner asked me it I wanted to replace the quarter panel glass and that the cost was $379 for the part. I just talked to my wife about it and she said she will call. My wife seems to have better luck when dealing with certain people. I'm not promising anything, but I will try.
Yea I don't remember if it was with you or not but this came up in another thread and nothing ever materlized. Was it you? I suspect the shop doesn't realize it's different from other Gbodies.

I have glass for my car (including 1 NOS window) but my dad's car has seals shrunk and cracked. Plenty of people will would buy new windows if available.

Yea I don't remember if it was with you or not but this came up in another thread and nothing ever materlized. Was it you? I suspect the shop doesn't realize it's different from other Gbodies.

I have glass for my car (including 1 NOS window) but my dad's car has seals shrunk and cracked. Plenty of people will would buy new windows if available.

Yes it was me. When I had my car fixed last year, the guy told me that I could get the part(s) any time I was ready. The shop's name is Whittico, they are a body shop and maybe the owner Tim doesn't want to get into supplying parts. If I get in touch with Tim, I will ask him if the quarters are specifically for Buick Regals. I'll will at least get a yes or no from Tim. I've done lots of business with the guy and even trusted him to do body work on my GN.

I remember that thread. Seems like it was about a million pages long and when he finally got done tweaking on the windows they didn't even look that good.

I was thinking it was an airplane guy that was doing it not a bodyman.

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago that was working on the flush quarter windows. After about a year of getting them right. He posted that he had a company that was going to build them and said that he would need to start taking deposits.
I hate to know how many people sent him deposits(myself included) and then to be told the company put their logo in the window. After about 10 excuses, he said he lost too much money and nothing EVER came of it. His name was Brian McClean and he made out with probably more then a couple thousand dollars. The deposit amount was around $225+/-

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago that was working on the flush quarter windows. After about a year of getting them right. He posted that he had a company that was going to build them and said that he would need to start taking deposits.
I hate to know how many people sent him deposits(myself included) and then to be told the company put their logo in the window. After about 10 excuses, he said he lost too much money and nothing EVER came of it. His name was Brian McClean and he made out with probably more then a couple thousand dollars. The deposit amount was around $225+/-

I had nothing to do with this. Just want that to be clear. I talked to the body shop I have used for all my cars, GN included, and they're suppose to call me back with a source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk