floor pans rotting

racemybuick

Hot Air Teacher/Student
My floor pans are just about rotted through with small holes, however, i am fearing larger holes in the near future. Any solutions? Kits? HELP!

John

:(

hmm.. don't know of any kits.. May be worth a trip to the boneyard.. Have you checked Kirbans?

My floor pan behind the driver seat had some rust through. I treated the area with phosforic acid and put in a piece of sheet metal to cover the rust. I just used sheet metal screws to hold it in and sealed the area with body caulk. I've since cut an entire pan out in a junkyard for that area. Someday I'll have it tacked in. I don't think anyone is selling new steel for G-bodies yet, but it's just a matter of time.

Originally posted by Topjimmy
Sherman & Associates Inc. Michigan

Full left and right floor pans: $195.00 each.

Body Panels

HTH - Jim

Thanks for the info, Jim. I should have known that some company wouldn't want to have those chevy guys not be able to get something for their cars. At least we get some benefit from the chevy crowd besides the fun of showing them our taillites. ;)

sherman wont sell you anything for a gn

I treid sherman and they said we dont carry those parts. They are aftermarket air canada I believe or something similar. I bought mine for $289 a side and guess what I got them through St.Louis auto panel and they were the same supplier as shermans. My $.02
Allan