flexplate to chevy t400 converter?

GNJAY302

hey guys, im installing a t400 with an ultrabell, so the t400 is a chevy trans, not a bop. it occured to me that the converter might be an issue. bolting the trans to the engine is no prob but WILL THE CONVERTER bolt to the oem flexplate? can i buy a flexplate to work with the conversion or do i cut the tabs and just reweld them to the corrsct positionOR do u guys have an even easier way to remedy this? thx j

hey guys, im installing a t400 with an ultrabell, so the t400 is a chevy trans, not a bop. it occured to me that the converter might be an issue. bolting the trans to the engine is no prob but WILL THE CONVERTER bolt to the oem flexplate? can i buy a flexplate to work with the conversion or do i cut the tabs and just reweld them to the corrsct positionOR do u guys have an even easier way to remedy this? thx j
Is the Ultra bell a BOP pattern ? If so doesn't matter what case it started out as. I think all the converters have the same general bolt pattern. If your going through the trouble of using a TH400 and ultra bell, you would be better off getting a J&W wheel for the flexplate and it will have multiple bolt patterns for different bolt spacing on the converter.
Allan G.

its a BOP ultra bell and im kinda sure they do have the same bolt patterns but not 100% sure... never thought about a J.W. wheel, good idea, ill look into that on tuesday,thx allan

its a BOP ultra bell and im kinda sure they do have the same bolt patterns but not 100% sure... never thought about a J.W. wheel, good idea, ill look into that on tuesday,thx allan
This way everything is SFI approved. J&W released a lightweight verson of there wheel and I would recomend that one.
Allan G.