Flex Fuel Sensor and XFI

novi2000

I have the flex fuel sensor installed with the flex fuel mode selected in the XFI. when I add the fuel energy constant to the main dashboard it is reading zero, is this correct? Does any one know if there is a way to verify if the sensor is working properly?

The display should not show 0.00 It should display a number between .680 (E-85) and 1.000 (Gasoline). You also need to make sure the flex fuel is enabled in your program. You should also enable the fault detect for this sensor ine the "ECU Fault Detection". If it is displaying 0.00 then the XFI is not recognizing the sensor because it is a bad sensor or it is wired incorrectly.

I have already spoken with the shop your car is at and shared this info with them.

Cal I think I see where the issue is from the help menu. The shop told me that the sensor output is going to the grey wire which is is pin B aux analog instead of pin B Aux shaft? does that sound right

2.1.19 ANALOG

This connector houses the 8 analog inputs that can be used for things such as fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor, EGT probes, etc. An Analog Auxiliary input harness kit (part # 30-1402) is available from FASTä.

Pin A – AAUX1, blue/gray (C12)

Pin B – AAUX2, gray (C13)

Pin C – AAUX3, purple (C14)

Pin D – AAUX4, light green (C15)

Pin E – AAUX5, yellow/black (C16)

Pin F – AAUX6, blue (C17)

Pin G – AAUX7, brown/white (C18)

Pin H – AAUX8, white (C19)

Pin K – Analog return, black (C11)

2.1.20 AUX SHAFT

This connector is for the auxiliary shaft sensor input circuit. The FASTä VSS and auxiliary shaft harness kit (part # 30-1403)will supply you with the harness, sensor, and magnets to monitor things such as turbo speed and torque converter/clutch slippage.

Pin A – Inductive return, black (A2)

Pin B – AUX discrete, orange (A6)

Pin C – Discrete return, black/white (A13)

Pin D – Aux inductive, purple (A17)

You found the problem. It has to go to the Aux Shaft Discrete pin NOT the Analog input

Cal,
Thanks again for your help on E85 issues.
Conrad
Hot Air