Flair help please...?

chrisaxl87

Was wondering best way to tackle the flair gasket issue?my rear side flair glue is let go and I was wondering best way to glue it to reattach I noticed the front lower to rear is do as well? ... Thanks

Perhaps you can reply with a pic? To the best of my knowledge the flairs have a rubbery welting between them and the body panel however I do not remember any sort of adhesive being used. It is more of a sandwich type of fit.

There is No glue or adhesive used in attachment of the flares. It is just screwed on tight and a rubber welting is in between so the flares do not scratch the body. Even when new the bottoms were not a perfect tight fit.

Oh ok thanks the owner before must of tried something like that...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 143
Something was in there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
I would suggest removing the flair and doing some cleaning. It looks like there is a large buildup of white wax residue in there cleaning it make it look alot better.

One thing I have noticed with some flairs is overtime they tend to confirm to the screws that hold them in. The result is the flair leaving a little gap like you have pictured. You may want to use a larger washer near the screw to get the flair to hug the body closer/pinch the welting more.