Fitting a bearing between low/reverse housing & sun shell. How?

McHaggis

I'm looking to machine the low/reverse housing to fit a thrust bearing. What is this bearing commonly found in and how hard is it to machine the parts?
The problem I have is the end clearance with 2 copper washers and a 0.124" thrust washer is still just over 0.020". Doesn't this seems a lot with 2 washers??? Everything looks OK but something has to be wrong.

Edit..........
Found it. I assembled the parts on the bench to check the end play once all the parts were clean. I hadn't assembled the lo/rev housing so the snap ring wasn't installed. The sprag inner race bears against this and since it wasn't installed my end clearance was stuffed up. Learn something every day....

I'd still like to know what bearing is used here and if the lo/rev housing is machined, the shell or both.

McHaggis said:
Thanks TexasT. Email sent to Jake so with luck he might give up this information.

I saw a place where they sold the low/rev housing cut for the bearing. I will look again. I am out of town for the week. Will post when I get back home.

Sorted. Jake has helped out with this one so I'm very grateful to him and TexasT. Thanks guys.

I appreciate your leg work on this one . I saw jake's post on this a while back but didn't have the nerve to ask . If it's not too much to ask , how much does the housing have to be machined and where do you get the bearing ?

Machine the lo/reverse house to suit. This will be the difference between the existing thrust washer and bearing thickness adjusted by the difference between the existing end clearance and desired. i.e. approx 0.060" give or take. The bearing is found in the TH350 between the pump and direct drum. It's called the stator bearing. Item 211.

McHaggis said:
Machine the lo/reverse house to suit. This will be the difference between the existing thrust washer and bearing thickness adjusted by the difference between the existing end clearance and desired. i.e. approx 0.060" give or take. The bearing is found in the TH350 between the pump and direct drum. It's called the stator bearing. Item 211.
http://www.bulkpart.com/2/product/350-350Cwasher/44211C.html
This one?

Wit transmission calls it a stator bearing . Bulkparts calls it a 350 series pump bearing . The part # is the same and both are priced about the same . Thanks , guys . . . . :)