fitment guide?

ct67_72

I have seen some basic fitment info but cant find specifit tire and rim size guides for the g body cars, any help?

Id like to go with a 17 preferably a 245 up front and a 275 in the back, but I like to fit the widest wheel possibly to keep the sidewalls nice and tight for good response.

Im running 245/45/17 8"wheel and 4bs up front.In the back i have 275/40/17
9.5 wheel and 4.75 bs.Some guys are using 10'' wheel but would be very very close to the frame,play it safe and go with a 9.5wheel.I only have enough room to fit a pencil between the frame and tire for the back.

Attachments

• 17x9.5 275.jpg
    17x9.5 275.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 1st day.jpg
    1st day.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 490
DIAZ 87 do you think your wheel set-up will work with a 2" drop? looks like maybe i should go with 4 1/2 bs in front. anybodys input is more than welcome. thanks

http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy's/760/01201/10002/-1

This could prove to be a usefull tool.

Here is what I would recommend:

Front - 17x8 with 4.5 inch backspacing

Rear - 17x9.5 with 4.5 inch backspacing.

Some folks can fit a ten inch rim with 4.75 or 4.875 inches of backspacing.

With the sizes I recommended above you will not have any clearance issues.

Check out what I have in my sig - if I had to do it again I would have went with what I recommended above.

it has cross my mine before about a 1to2'' drop but im going to stick with what i have

that looks great you could probably lose about .5 inch od backspace too, just roll the lip. or go with a 10" wheel with the same backspacing to clear the frame

I like the well pretty full too. this is a little extreme but htis was my drift/roadrace car setup
backnewwheels.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

I couldnt find the right offset so I had alot of room left on the inside, even with a 18x9.5 rear it was at the lip but I had 1.5 to 2" to the inner well
and I know how some of you guys feel about the imports so I figure I should throw this pic in for defense. 2.0 liter, precision sc5031E 419 WHP and 2400LBS
b5_1.jpg

i think that SilverFox setup looks pretty good too,hey SilverFox post one of your picture of your car for all can see:D

I opted for a 9" wheel in the rear for my 275's. I had thought about a 9.5" or 10" but prefer a little sidewall "bulge". Purely an aesthetic preference. If I was going to try and run a wider tire I would have gone with a bigger rim but I didn't and decided to err well on the side of caution for the "safe" fit. I didn't want to have to run airbags on the street or roll the fender lips. Wheel/tire specifics are in my signature.

(shameless excuse to post pics) :cool:

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

I agree, SilverFox's setup is one of the best I've seen. Your's looks great too Diaz.....love the "bling". :D

Thanks, I appreciate it. Getting ride height/spring rates right, and no tire rubbing has been a pain on this car, and I am still not finished after swapping front springs about four times now and going with a smaller front tire (dropped from a 245/45 to 235/45). I think I am finally happy with the front and now I need to drop the back down .5 to .34 of inch. Some days I think I should just get an air ride system for the car. If I had an eight inch rim with 4.5 backspacing I would not have any problems. Oh yes, my Baer brakes also put the front wheels out an extra 1/8 inch.

i think that SilverFox setup looks pretty good too,hey SilverFox post one of your picture of your car for all can see:D
Here you go. 17x8.5 front and 17x9 rear.

DSC00071.jpg

DSC_0971-01-1.jpg
DSC00075.jpg

DSC_0945-01.jpg

I really like the look of the t. I like how they fit a lot. I guess Ill have to do some measuring and see what happens.

Hey guys, over the weekend I took some photos of the rear TT2 mocked up with the fender flare to see what kind of clearance I'll be dealing with. I ran a straight edge up to the fender lip to see where it will land, and yes, it appears that I'll need to trim/roll it back a bit. The tires are not mounted yet, but the photos are pretty good and I'll make it work. The car will eventually be lowered using Intrax springs (1.5" drop in the rear). Clearance looks good on the frame side.

The setup: Rear TT2 17x9.5 w/4.5"bs (keep in mind that an aluminum brake drum was used in the photos) - rear tire will be 285/40/17. Let me know if you have questions.

Are You Using The Gnx Fender Flares If So,any Mods Needed To Install Them.no Cutting Any Thing Like That

These are all I have at the moment. The wheel centers will be black. I'm hoping to take more soon.