Fishing for dash plate screws

This is why I always stick a clean shop rag in the vent holes before removing the screws. ;) :D

I've never had the dash out of a gbody...will yours be my 1st? If your sound guy dropped in there I would have him get it out.:wink:

Tried once

With a magnet on a flexible rod. Didn't make it in from the top. I can get across the bottom vents, behind the radio pod, but no luck. I can hear it, or something like it, move when I pull away from a stop. That screw just has to be it. I need a smaller magnet (like a bullet) that I can drop into the vent from the top.
Any other ideas?

Just sell it and buy a new one. That seems to be what I do when I get stressed over my TR.....:mad:

I did that, once

Had a nice silver 87 T. Sold it, bought it back, then sold it again.

Have an 87 GN now. Gift to myself. Just had the engine rebuilt, plus new turbo, etc.

I think I will hang on to this one for a while...

Hand on to it forever. You'll just go back to another one and wish you had the previous one. Find that screw yet?

Tried, and failed...

Got the small magnet and some string. Went fishing. No luck.
I guess the flow path for the defogger is small and twisty.
Done, for now...

Maybe an answer!

Go take some aggresive corners! I have made quite a bit of change that way on some older vehicles that I have had in my past! Kinda of a joke but kinda not! I was going to suggest turning it upside down and shake the hell out of it, but that didn't sound very funny after I thought about it for awhile...:rolleyes: Sorry for pokin some fun in there...uhh...okay...well...good luck!

Now I think that is a good idea...

I just have to get the new wheels put back on the front.
But, wait... The newly rechromed wheels just got back from TruDesign. Beautiful!
Oh, NO! The UPS dude dropped the box somewhere between there and here. Tried to balance it. 4 ounces. Dammit!

Back to the drawing board.

That sucks!

Ups insurance here turbopete comes! I love VA! I was in the Navy 1985- 1989
stationed in Va BCH, VA I miss the warmer weather this time of year!:frown:
Hang in there, sounds like the screw is not that big of a deal, can't you just get another one? Is it a problem for it to be in there? Not trying to be sarcastic, seriously, just trying to help. Good Luck! Jeff

Warmer weather?

Its 29 and there was frost on the truck this morning. But it ain't Chicago.

Without the radio installed, I can hear it when I come to a stop. Have tried fishing, but I like the idea of G-forces instead.