First two pulls with powerlogger.

Kellen gn

Looking for some input on my first logs from my powerlogger. I am new to the tuning world and would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Kellen

Attachments

• log3.006.dat.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Log3.08.dat.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 23
30 psi boost?
6 knock count?
4725 top rpm?
WB 7.36-1?
Did not show what gear you were in

I would say you are running extremly rich at WB reading
and your in very dangerous territory running 30psi and having knock.

Do your tuning in 3rd gear but be very careful as this is at max load.
Get your boost down.
Find out what why your WB reading are so rich.
Need 10.8-1 area.
Why are your RPMs so low?

Few things I saw.

My boost was only around 14-15 psi, also i dont have a wideband those are just the default values that are always there on my powerlogger. I was in third gear when making the pulls, perhaps the information in the logs were not recorded properly.

Thanks,
Kellen

Good to hear that.
Now we have a couple things to address.

Knock - 6
O2 - middle 700s.
I would increase fuel pressure to eliminate the knock.
I would shoot for 790-810 O2 @ WOT 3rd gear.

Why is the car not reaching 5200 rpm?
Valve springs worn or TV cable not set correctly?

Why is the 3rd gear indicator not showing on PL?
Don't know on this one.

He still has a 2 Bar MAP. That's why the boost is reading 30+.

What mods do you have? Chip?

Your TPS is reading low at WOT. Likely needs an adjustment

Thank you for the input, how much should I raise the fuel pressure to start? As far as the car not reaching 5200 my first guess would be worn valve springs, the car has 100,000 miles on it and I dont think they have ever been changed. The low tps reading worried me when i reviewed the log the first time but i was unsure what exactly it ment. What should be the reading at WOT for the tps? I just upgraded to a new tt street chip for 93 and I updated my signature and all of my mods that I can remember I listed.

Thanks again,
Kellen

what mods were on the car when you made those logs?

Make sure your transmission TV cable is tight enough, or your full throttle shifts will be soft (bad for transmission) and early.

WOT TPS should be 4.6 or so. Make sure your floormat is not bunched up under the pedal.

Bob

My mods when taking the log are all listed in my signature, as far as the tension on the tv cable how do you determine when it is too loose? In the other gears the car seems to shift high enough. Floor mat is a possibility and I will check that and look at my WOT tps voltage again.

Thanks,
Kellen