First turbocharged 05 Mustang GT?

Dan K

A buddy of mine is just putting the finishing touches on what he was told is the first turbocharged 05 Mustang GT.
Ball bearing GT35, Spearco air-to-air intercooler, Lightning MAF, and 03 Cobra injectors. Other than that it's stock.
All custom, all done by him.
And the kicker is it looks completely factory. It almost makes me sick it looks soooo good. I couldn't tell him enough how good it looked. You'd swear it was supposed to be there.
I took quite a few pictures and got a short video of it idling.
Only thing is I can't post any of the pictures until the car is dynoed this monday, and until he works out some "other things". Supposedly there are quite a few names that are coming to see this car on the dyno and are very interested. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
What he said they are hoping for is 450rwhp on pump gas. We shall see....:)

Just curious, whats your friend doing for fuel management? Is there already software out there to reflash the ecm the 05 Mustang is using?
TIA

Hmmmm, that's gonna be interesting to see what power it produces, that's for sure.

Mark.....As far as I know, Chris Johnson and the guys at SCT (Superchips) have the software to reflash/tune the '05 PCM. I've seen a couple of articles in MMFF and 5.0 where they have gone in and "tweaked" the '05 just a little...biggest thing that helped track performance was turning off the electronic nanny...excuse me, power/torque management, or at least turning it down to be much less obtrusive.

86brick - That's impressive...but that's a totally different animal. :)

BoostKillsStres - I asked him how they were getting into the computer due to the injectors and different mass air meter and he said that was covered.

If everything goes well, the whole kit could be marketed at a very competitive price to Vortech's S-Trim for the '05.

Hopefully I'll be able to supply some dyno numbers monday/tuesday.

That's not it. It doesn't shock me that there is another one.
But from what he was told no one has been able to get it all together and get the computer issues sorted out and make the car run.
Maybe some has though.

Thoughts are that if his kit is put into production it will sell right in that same area that the ProCharger is going for then.

The car is in the enclosed trailer and is leaving for Florida tomorrow morning at 4am.
Should be tuned monday and tuesday, and he was told that MM&FF was "supposedly" coming to check it out wednesday-ish?
We shall see.

I got a phone call around 1:30am this morning with some dyno numbers...hehe...
At 10psi they made around 430rwhp. :eek:
On 18psi and Sunoco 93 they managed to shoot a rod out the block. But they did get a number...more on that later.
He said that there were 3 magazines, and 2 Ford/Mustang websites that were there.

I wish I could share all I was told with you guys, but he told me to hold on a little bit until he knew how the marketing of the kit was going to be handled.