First trip to the track in the GN..

Adrian87

[y]Cak7xBSZ3Pk[/y]

Ok, so ignore the weird staging process..they were doing something called 'street light drags' that I'd never witnessed before..just a regular red/yellow/green light like what you see on the road. Strange.

Just regular street tires on 18" wheels, obviously I knew it wasn't going to hook but I just had to give it a shot. Launch with no boost, spun badly all the way through 3rd, finally had to let out of it around the 500' mark I think and get back in it..forgot too lock the converter once I hit third (doh!) and wound up with a 12.88 at 116.43 mph. 2.12 60'. 8.65 at 91.54 in the 1/8th.

Given a good launch on ET Streets, hoping for 10psi, 27psi total, and locking the converter, (and not having to get off the gas half way down the track) you think I'd be set for low 11's at 125? I may be able to crank it to 30psi. It's done it before. Any other tips? I haven't been on a drag strip since I was 18 or so.

Any input is welcome. I am hoping for high 10's at 125 with this setup. Seems doable, right?

Your first mistake was not telling me you were headed to the track! LOL….just kidding! But I have a new tranny to break in soon as it cools off a bit more. Looking at your sig your car should haul butt, it’s a very nice build. Like you said…. you’re missing a very important link, Mickey Thompson 275-60-15s and a couple of air bags. My sixty foot went from 2.0 to 1.6 with these two changes. I see no reason you won’t run at least low 11’ or high 10’s ( might need to bump up the psi a bit) After you get it to hook.

Your sig shows all the goodies to support 125+. Like Texas GN mentioned, a set of stickies and a good launch you'll be there.:cool: Do you have data logging tools?

All I have is a Scanmaster but the car was originally tuned (as in 2 years ago when the new combo went in) with Powerlogger. It needs to be tuned again somewhat because after a while I couldn't keep it at 30psi without some sort of POP happening under the hood at full boost. O2's and KR were fine but I was getting a decent bang, no idea from where. O2's were maybe a little low, seen them at 750 before. I'm thinking of going to 80# injectors once I fix the leaks and get some sticky's.

Kind of off topic but im taking my TR to SAR tomorrow granted it doesn't rain! Starting off at 15 psi and going to push it to my limit of 18 psi as per my chip. Any ideas on what I should be able to run? Mods are in my signature also going to be running a set of 275/60/15 hoosiers

Kind of off topic but im taking my TR to SAR tomorrow granted it doesn't rain! Starting off at 15 psi and going to push it to my limit of 18 psi as per my chip. Any ideas on what I should be able to run? Mods are in my signature also going to be running a set of 275/60/15 hoosiers
I would then ask you too, do you have the basic tunning tools, know what to look for on the scanmaster/powerlogger and performed spring cleaning? I know this would be hard to do on the street but have you attempted to reach 18psi already? And if so was it knock free? If you can answer yes to all I would say mid to high 12's on a safe tune.

Yes I have a scan master a wideband 02 and a proper boost gauge. I've had it up to 16 psi on the street with knock only at a shift point never more than 1.5. Car is also my daily driver so yes, it has been "spring cleaned"

...It needs to be tuned again somewhat because after a while I couldn't keep it at 30psi without some sort of POP happening under the hood at full boost. O2's and KR were fine but I was getting a decent bang, no idea from where...

I would be concerned about this regardless of what you showed for KR.

Yep, better get those little things fixed before it turns in to something bigger. I was dealing with some knock at the shift points and found out the downpipe was hitting the frame. And that retard in timing was hurting my ¼ mile times too.

Yes I have a scan master a wideband 02 and a proper boost gauge. I've had it up to 16 psi on the street with knock only at a shift point never more than 1.5. Car is also my daily driver so yes, it has been "spring cleaned"

Good starting point. I would see if octane or turning the alky knob up a bit pass 6 supresses the kr.