first time using scanmaster

WVhillbilly

ok i finally hooked up the sm today (thanks highboostgn) keep in mind car is bone stock as far as i know only thing done to it was adjustable wastegate.it has a driverside header crack so i know some readings wont matter much but id like to get as much input as possible thanks...Kevin
recall was 730 milivolts 4.0 retard
with both buttons pushed it read 085. 064
idling it read
AF 05
L8 41
BAT 13.6
INT 148
BL 150
CLT 200
ATS 114
TPS .48
IAC 20
NAL 34
the idle rpm is 750

How can you tell it's adding a ton of fuel by those numbers?

ok i finally hooked up the sm today (thanks highboostgn) keep in mind car is bone stock as far as i know only thing done to it was adjustable wastegate.it has a driverside header crack so i know some readings wont matter much but id like to get as much input as possible thanks...Kevin
recall was 730 milivolts 4.0 retard
with both buttons pushed it read 085. 064
idling it read
AF 05
L8 41
BAT 13.6
INT 148
BL 150
CLT 200
ATS 114
TPS .48
IAC 20
NAL 34
the idle rpm is 750
Bad maf

I agree with the bad mass airflow sensor. SM is giving you two indicators: AF 05 is on the low side for idle; MAL 34 is the computer's error code for "low reading from MAF".
If you want to confirm what the car computer is checking, do this: open throttle so TPS is 1V or higher, rpm of 1800 or higher, hold for at least 5 seconds and watch the AF number. It should be 30 - 40 or more depending on tps position. Less than 04 sets the error code.

Thanks Dennis I'll try that, might be this weekend before I can do it .I'll post the results, I appreciate your help... Kevin

Your TPS is off too... key on engine off it should be set to .42.... you are at .48 at idle.. anything over .46 and ecm thinks you are stepping on the gas and will add fuel... don't floor it anymore as you shouldn't have any knock retard... probably need to upgrade fuel system if your boost has been set higher... I thought 05 to 07 on MAF was OK... Fix your TPS and reset the ecm.. could be the ecm is expecting more air going through the MAF at that .48 you currrently have it set at...

Its easier to do with a friend... Loosen the 2 screws and pull the tps forward and have someone watch the readout on the SM... After you get it to .42 you will need to push the accelerator all the way down and make sure you are over 4.0 volts for WOT.. Some people will say to try and get to 4.6 volts but the reality is that the ecm recognizes WOT as anything over 4.0... You could do it on your own but would take a little longer..

try this below... I would also check the IAC settings after tps adjustment... As for your blm I suspect a large vacuum leak or unmetered air entering the motor from somewhere.

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/tps_adjustment.html

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/iac_adjustment.html

Thanks I really appreciate it. if it wasn't for this site I probably would have sold this car by now. great folks here helping us newbies:)