First T-Top car, first leak....

87gninpa

Well ive had the car for about three weeks, but this is the first rain its seen. Its coming right out of the trim on the driver side top of the gray trim piece, near the window. The seals look ok, and i cant really see where its coming from. any of you guys have the same problem and can point me in the right direction before i just rip it all apart for no reason?

alomst forgot to mention, it also seems to be coming out of the driver side visor, where the metal part screws into the trim

I've had to track down hundreds with mine since I live in Seattle :rolleyes: . When mine leaked there I found that there's a thin foam strip between the metal trim and the metal windshield surround. My trim had been taken out when I did the complete re-paint and didn't get new foam. If yours hasn't ever been out I don't know that that's the problem for sure. Just remember that just because the seal looks good there's two sides to the metal trim that needs to seal. I finally tracked down the last one the other day (knock on wood). It was the seal that goes between the T-top outer metal trim and the T-top glass on top. It would leak down the trim on the interior that attatches to the T-top itself. It would leak down right on my leg. :rolleyes:

Adam

thats exactly where mine is leaking!!! right onto my leg out of that trim piece.....how did you go about fixing it?

Need Help Quick \ T-top T-Bar Assembly Question

How does the Black Trim that the glass slips into come out. It is the one that runs front to back down the center between the glass panels on top of the car. I removed the screws that are visible from the top once the glass panels are out, but it won't come out. Need a assembly picture or something. Email it to me or post a link here. My email is Buickturbosix@aol.com -- Thanks for the help!!! I need this quickly - I am out in the garage working on it now!!! LOL