First run at the track and a ?

Twistin6

I made a couple passes to get a baseline for the car quickest for the night was 7.37 1/8 mile. Still pretty rich I was running 20lbs with 18 degrees timing on the Gen II and launching at 10lbs off the foot brake with a 1.72 60 ft. and no spinning just started to push with any more. Still alot left in it I believe.

The thing that has me confused is the mph. It seems most people here are right at 100mph in the 1/8 with a 7 flat. This run of mine was 85.3 Is there something screwed up with my tracks way of calculating mph?

times mph

what is your whole time slip 330 ect 2wks ago my 86 went 7.56 at 92 mph 178 60ft unless something else happen during your run (down track) they might need to check tracks traps. compare to my times zues1 first run all my times are posted compare to mine if nothings upside down there track has a problem with et should be more mph

60 ft 1.731
330 4.979
1/8 et 7.372
mph 85.33

It never laid down on me or anything still pulling strong and no knock

what is your whole time slip 330 ect 2wks ago my 86 went 7.56 at 92 mph 178 60ft unless something else happen during your run (down track) they might need to check tracks traps. compare to my times zues1 first run all my times are posted compare to mine if nothings upside down there track has a problem with et should be more mph
Mike here is your times for him to compare!

Last Pass
60' - 1.66
330'-4.86
594'- 7.07
1/8 ET = 7.561 @ 91.260

Scot W.

After looking at the other time slips I am going to say the mph traps are off .Or am I way out in left field on this? It should be atleast in the mid to lower 90's shouldn't it?

After looking at the other time slips I am going to say the mph traps are off .Or am I way out in left field on this? It should be atleast in the mid to lower 90's shouldn't it?
You should edit and add in your 594' time. But you should have deffinetly been in the 90's mph..

Scot W.

The track I was at doesn't give a '594 time for some reason. Wonder if its averaged over the last certain amount kinda like a 1/4 mile track for mph? Just a thought or maybe they all do that for all I know

the only other way i would know your mph to be off that bad would be to break,let out of it or hit brakes before beams at end of track on my runs i think powerlogger said my mph 110mph before i lifted but i like to meke sure i run all the way threw you think you could of hit brakes before beams but then your et will be better too

Look at your timeslip again.. the 330ft is too slow vs the other slip to compare..

Maybe you ran a 7.87?

60 ft 1.731
330 4.979
1/8 et 7.372
mph 85.33

It never laid down on me or anything still pulling strong and no knock
Here is zues1's 7.88 times for comparison..

3rd Pass
60' - 1.71
330'-5.05
594'-7.36
1/8 ET = 7.88@87.54

Looks like (Eticket) Might be right, Those are pretty close and it might be a 7.87 instead of a 7.37

Scot W.

Definately reads 7.37 it is a very clear print out, along with verbal confirmation from spectators. As for being 600ft that is entirely possible. The only cars I saw hitting 100mph were in the mid sixes. Never even saw a seven flat car hit 100mph all night. As for lifting I dont think that occured I was enjoying the rush to much my foot was deffinately in it longer than needed as far as the traps go.

Before I bought the car the previous owner had time slips showing it ran a 119mph 1/4 at the same set up. And on the 119 pass it was a 11.58 and his 1/8 time was 7.59 That being said I would think my mph would realisticly have been right at 97-100 in the 660. If it is 600 then that explains it.

And on a side note where would my turbo really start to be in its sweet spot? I am hoping 24-25 becuae I really don't want to run more than that. My goal is to run the 6.95 heads up kings of street index. Also plan to run alky and am curious if a single nozzle system will be enough?

What track did you make the passes at ?? Certainly someone here will know if its a full 660' or not.. IM guessing Dusty is correct and its 600 feet. Your 330' is excellent though. The car is making some steam. Mines running 5.40s to the 330 with stock tires on it with a 2.0 60', trapping 8.20s in 1/8 @ 87 mph.. If I can get my other increments down to where yours are with these Drag radials Ill be tickled to death..

This was at Elk Creek Dragway in Elk Creek, VA. And since then I have confirmed to be a shorter track. Thanks for the compliments. As for making some steam I was pleased with its performance. There is still alot left in it I believe as I was way rich for the entire run. Also improvemnet over the 1.7 sixty to be had along with 3-4 more pounds of boost it should be a 6.9 car anyway.

As for the drag radial. That is what I am running and I was sold on their performance with these runs. M/T ET Streets 275/60/15. Could not make them spin with a 10 pound launch. I did not even heat them up. Heck it would push the front end of the car at anything over 10 pounds would not slip them. In the water of coarse they would but no need for all that. I was running 22PSI in them and truly believe I could have run the car at what I drove to the track with. Would never have believed it if I hadn't done it. Maybe this was due to running a little fat on the fuel but still impressive to me

DO you have those 275/50s on stock wheels ?? IF so did you have to put spacers behind them ?? I wanted to buy them last week but they looked like they were going to hit my frame behind the wheel. Naturally the tire shop said once they mounted one. I owned it... So I opted for the 235/60 which only has 8.4" of tread. Im hoping they hook okay..

ahh. Sorry, I misstyped the 50.. But I see it has a bit over 11" section width. I was worried about getting it in there. When these 235s are burned up Ill go a bit wider. Thanks