First Powerlogger runs - any advice?

russgoodman

I posted this on the full throttle board as well but thought maybe more people would see it on here.

Both of these are from the track - 1/8 mile in OK so it was probably mid 90's out. Running Razors alky knob set to 6, sunoco 104 unleaded, boost set on about 25 per my autometer gauge, Eric's 6.0 WB tracking chip with PLX wb, and MT 28" tall slicks.

Some of my concerns: 1. looks like the correction factor on the chip is hitting 170 during the runs. Should I just adjust parameter 4 on the chip to like 168-170 area or is there something else I need to check on.
2. Boost on logger showing higher than my gauge - tapped into map wire behind glove box. Is this accurate or is my gauge correct? If Im pushing 30# boost I hope the car would run better than a 7.90.
3. MPH is off on the logger - due to the bigger tires??? is there a way to enter a conversion factor to correct this?
4. Doesn't look like Im revving very high into the rpms. Is it ok and just my tires throwing it off, or is my tranny having issues, or is it valve spring related? Springs are the stockers, got new ones ready to go on just have to get time to install them.

Thanks to all in advance for the assistance.

Attachments

• smp6252010run2.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 50
  • smp6252010run3.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 38
1st of all your Transmission gear indicator is showing your in 3rd and 4th gear all the time, what gears are you using??????

2nd it looks like the chip is maxed out on correction, you are correct. I would suspect your fuel pressure is dropping or your injectors are too small.

This chip has saved your motor......so far.

I only see 28 psi boost on the one run from map sensor. Your gauge is probably off.

1st of all your Transmission gear indicator is showing your in 3rd and 4th gear all the time, what gears are you using??????

2nd it looks like the chip is maxed out on correction, you are correct. I would suspect your fuel pressure is dropping or your injectors are too small.

This chip has saved your motor......so far.

I only see 28 psi boost on the one run from map sensor. Your gauge is probably off.

Thanks for taking a look at it for me. I race the car in D only - I don't manually shift or use OD. When I was looking at it I noticed the same thing about the gears. I can only assume the rear gears are the stock 3.42s. I know one thing for sure and that is the car is a bear to 60 ft. I launched at 10#s of boost and I only had a 1.73 60 Ft time (best ever) on slicks and a freshly sprayed track. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Second - I believe the 60# injectors should be enough to cover my setup so Im leaning towards the pump. I bought the car in May 2007 and it had a recently installed hotwire kit and walbro pump - maybe got one of the bad ones - was leaning towards installing a fuel press transducer setup for the logger anyways.

I'm glad that Im running 104 on top of the chip and alky.

I will lower the boost then - I wasn't sure how accurate the map reading was.

Haven't looked at your file yet but just from what you said I would put a fuel pressue gauge on it and see that it's rising 1to1 with boost. You could also get a fuel transducer and log the pressure. Could be a bad pump or fuel regulator. Those injectors + alky should be plenty for your car.
OK looked at the first one, it's weird that it shows 3 and 4th gear.