First kill while taking wife for her first ride

kurt24

Well I finally got plates over the weekend for the 86 GN I bought. It has been getting cold here in Michigan so wife asked when I would take her for a ride before I put it in storage. So loaded up the kid and wife and went out for a few mile drive. When we got to woodward ave. a Camaro was messing with me for about a mile.

So we just happened to get stopped at the next light. It was a yonger guy,guessing mid 20's in a newer Camaro. he never got in front of me so not sure of he badging on it. So light turns green and I took off a little bit more aggressive then normal just to see what he was going to do.by then mine shifted into second and hear him get on it. so away we go once the boost kicked in I went a little sideways but got it going straight again.when Iet off he was about 2 cars behind.
Don't think he knew it was a GN. just gave a thumbs up as I had to turn at the next light.

This is going to be a fun car

[quote="kurt24, So loaded up the kid and.... went a little sideways "quote]

???!!!:eek:

Don't worry she isn't a baby. wouldn't do anything extreme that would hurt either one of them.

They are fun cars for sure...:D
Do you already know Turbo Buicks or are you completely new to them?

Mine started off bone stock about 5 years ago. I gradually upgraded its performance over the years, most recently going for a full stroker motor from Lou after I snapped the crank and everything else on my last motor.

Run only the Premium gas (Alky too if you plan on cranking up the boost), and stay on top of your tune and don't be afraid to post up questions or peruse this website for answers to little issues that can come up.

If you don't already have a Scanmaster, then get one so you can at least monitor the tune. Better yet...go for a Powerlogger.;)

Was it an SS? How many lbs of boost are you running?
If it was a SS it was a very plain one. so not sure.It didn't have the plain looking wheels like on the base model. truthfully I think he didn't know how to drive a stick very well. Either way it was still fun

I am at 15lbs of boost

They are fun cars for sure...:D
Do you already know Turbo Buicks or are you completely new to them?

Mine started off bone stock about 5 years ago. I gradually upgraded its performance over the years, most recently going for a full stroker motor from Lou after I snapped the crank and everything else on my last motor.

Run only the Premium gas (Alky too if you plan on cranking up the boost), and stay on top of your tune and don't be afraid to post up questions or peruse this website for answers to little issues that can come up.

If you don't already have a Scanmaster, then get one so you can at least monitor the tune. Better yet...go for a Powerlogger.;)

I am a newbie to the Turbo Buicks. so trying to learn all I can right now.
Not new to turbos though, I had one on my dragbike running 20lbs of boost it was a T04E-50 trim turbo. but ran it with secondary injectors with a micro tech controller. was also able to tune through the ECU.

So been looking at scan tools on here and the scanmaster seems a little confusing to me. looks like it reads in voltage?

So I really like the look of the powerlogger and think I will be getting that one

Powerlogger is moire versatile and you can record and analyze complete and multiple runs and do real tuning.

ScanMaster is a simple live LED readout and intended more for reference only so you can eyeball your vitals while crusing around...but not meant for honest tuning.

Bob Baily (Baily Engineering) puts out other cool electronics for our cars too....:D