First kill since getting car back on the road

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
First let me apologize for any missing c's in this post... I'm on a friends laptop that has a messed up keyboard.

So after getting my hotair bak on the road for the first time in over a year, I've been dying to get someone to run me. I know its not nearly as fast as most of the guys here on the board (it IS a hotair) but still better than a lot of stuff out there. One of the kids in the class I teach (I'm a TA for Machine Design under the ME curriculum) has been talking trash about how his Sentra SER Spec-V would "totally own [my] 25 year old buick". I would just smile and say "probably". Well pulling out of campus today, I noticed him at the stoplight on fletcher ave. As I passed him, I gave the throttle a few pumps, which seemed to scare him (I have no exhaust after the test-pipe, so its loud, and the turbo spooling is DISTINCTIVE). At the next light we were next to each other. I looked over and smiled, and as it went green we went. I had built up 6-7 lbs of boost, and broke loose a little at first. Once I got traction, I scooted past him right quik. It was kind of embarassing. I let off after about 65 (traffi around, and cops are frequent sights) by which point he was way behind. I can't wait to see him in next friday and see what typical excuses he has.

I know it was a four ylinder NA 4-door import, but still a kill, and I was happy about it.

I just had to share this... really made all the money/effort this summer getting the car running again worth it. Also, the bigger DP, injetors, etc. I did ertainly seemed to help... I don;t remember the car ever runing this good:) I can't wait to get to the track, get the car dialed in and see how much I can turn up the boost (set at a conservative 13 lbs for now).

Sounds like she is running pretty good.
You are probably not going to get any press here beating a 4 door 4 banger, but, anytime you beat someone who talks smack, is a good time. :)

this young bucks need to learn to repect those buicks with the "hood buldge":biggrin:

I've kicks so many of those morons butts with 5lbs of boost I just don't bother anymore. Not worth my fuel. Good kill anyway, now he'll have to keep his mouth shut.

You are probably not going to get any press here beating a 4 door 4 banger, but, anytime you beat someone who talks smack, is a good time. :)

Yep. Quit picking on the morons and come back when you've played with these guys.

04.subaru.wrx.sti.f34.500.jpg

mitsubishi_evo_viii_mr_fq-340.jpg

Nice kill. And before I get flamed, I'm the first one to jump at an opportunity to crush a smack talker but ... you might want to consider informing the kid that this was a "one time" occurance as you don't want it to look like you are condoning illegal street racing especially in your position as a teacher
(ie: role model). Just my two cents...:)

Nice kill. And before I get flamed, I'm the first one to jump at an opportunity to crush a smack talker but ... you might want to consider informing the kid that this was a "one time" occurance as you don't want it to look like you are condoning illegal street racing especially in your position as a teacher
(ie: role model). Just my two cents...:)

Good point, one I hadn't considered. I'm probably safe though, since I'm just a TA (still a grad student myself).

As for tackling an STi, I think I've still got some progress to make before trying that (i have a mostly stock hotair after all). I DO however know a guy in the ME dept here who just bought an '03 WRX coupe from his uncle. He's a cool guy, not like this other loudmouth, and we've discussed in a friendly fashion which car would win. His is completely stock (except aftermarket wheels). I assume with AWD, and being a few hundred pounds lighter that he'd take me pretty easily, but hey you never know. After I get to the track next week and hopefully get my cars tune dialed in, i'll broach the subject to him. If it goes down, I will of course let you guys know :)

I've got a regular WRX and she's pretty quick- My wife smoked a 350z easily and had a minor altercation with a Maserati Quattroporte on the highway(he seemed astonished that he couldn't pull away from me)- of course we didn't go over 80mph because I'm sure he would have pulled on me easily...
No match for an IC'd Buick but I 'm not sure about the hot air cars. :D

... No match for an properly running non-stock boost level C'd Buick but I 'm not sure about most of the the hot air cars. :D

I fixed it for ya ;) . . . (Just kidding around)
Get the TA33, alky and around 19 PSI with the TT chip on a HA. :tongue:

Yep. Quit picking on the morons and come back when you've played with these guys.

04.subaru.wrx.sti.f34.500.jpg

mitsubishi_evo_viii_mr_fq-340.jpg
ive raced a wrx before and i only was able to beat him both times cause i made like a rabbit and jumped outta the hole on his a$$ which netted me a half car he shifted 1-2-3 before i was in second, passed me and had 2 legnths i shifted second and pulled back up next to him..won by half a fender both times:biggrin:

I personally love those blue wrx's as well, but I whooped one senseless with a bigger turbo and injectors. It wasn't that fast.

I like the Sti's too, but I've yet to find one that I can't keep from showing up in my rear view mirror before 60-80mph is reached....

I know there are fast ones out there....I just have not seen one myself.....

A kill is a kill, theres some idiot around here with a spec whatever nissan and his plate says re-spec. I'd give $10 to get next to him and tell him I'll give him the jump, a count to three & if he beats me to the middle of the intersection, then I'll give "Re-spec":rolleyes:

Good kill none the less!

That said get your car quiet. That is the stealth of these things. My T is very quiet and the cops never give it a second look. Noise is not necessary for these things to be quick. The "rice" crowd associate noise with performance we don't have that illusion. When I'm at the track all you here in the stands as I drive by is turbo wistle on my way deep into the 11's.

My big block cars are nowhere near as quiet and they are slower by more than a second.

I also no longer waste gas and alky on anything that does not say Corvette (with some badge or number), have a fancy Italian or German name or is a classic muscle car that I know is quick. Nothing from Japan short of a Nissan GT-R is going to get me to build boost next to them. It is just not worth it. My days of "edjamacating" people for their amusement are over, cops are no longer forgiving. When I play on the street for my amusement there ususally is no one around as a witness.

Mikey