First down Drag Strip, here was the out come....

andycrips

1370374_10152443404941992_1164174322_n.jpg

My 60' foot time is terrible.... I need to learn how to do a boosted launch, also we are going back (weather permitting) on Saturday and I will record what's going on with my PowerLogger.

Hold the brake down as hard as you can and add throttle.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Get that 60ft down and that's a mid 12 sec. pass.
12s should be nothing with whats in his sig
definitely needs help in the 60' but power is still down for a 62 ported heads and alky
sig shows 42s.. on alky that car needs more injector to push the turbo , if you can max those 42s you're only going to get mid 11s from them at around 118 . if theres enough fuel to turn it up it should be capable of 10s
dont see an intercooler in his sig , with a good FMIC and bigger injectors i would expect mid 10s from that combo

Hey everybody, I appreciate all the feed back! A little back story here, I was on my way up north to the other drag strip near Cheyenne and I blew my factory turbo while on the interstate, with that being said I bought a 6262 from Bison in hopes that I can "grow" into it. I have the factory intercooler which I think is a huge restriction on that car. This winter I am hoping to put an RJC IC-316-XTF intercooler on it with most likely a turbotweak 6.1 and an LS1 MAF. However this is what I have right now and am trying to make the best of it. I need some help with tuning however, my brother said he saw black smoke every time the car shifted and I do feel like it runs rich on the bottom end, I have the Alky turned all the way to '8' because I am worried about my small injectors and intercooler. I will hopefully make it down there tomorrow for the last "test and tune" of the season and take some powerlogger notes... Here are the videos from last Wednesday;
Thanks a lot for every ones support! This is a great community.

Your story sounds similar to mine. I have a low 11 second car running high 12's. :cool:

I'm slowly working my way through some issues and keeping the tune safe. Good luck to you in the future.

Yeah I'm having a lot of fun. I too have a powerlogger that I just installed. I haven't recorded a successful run yet. Trying to figure out how to save the file etc.o_O I did manage to save a file of me idling for 22 seconds.

I'll get some runs in this weekend and post them.

Get that Powerlogger recording. You can then see what's happening through the whole run. I would dial down the alky as long as you have no knock retard. You can check the injector duty cycle to see how close to 100% you're getting but I doubt it's that close yet. I ran 36s to mid 12 no alky without an issue. Need to get those 60's down.

Get a buddy to ride with you on the highway. In 3rd gear make a run putting it to the floor for about 6 seconds and have him watch for knock, then let off. Start working your alky setting down a little each time you make a run until you see an air/fuel ratio of about 11:1. Then you can start increasing boost again watching carefully for knock. Remember leaner is meaner (but only to a point). Double check me though on my advice; it's been a while since I've been racing.

I remember going to the track and my wife told me black smoke was coming out so I started reducing fuel pressure and upping boost. Of course I was running C16 so knock was nearly the last thing on my mind. And all I had was a scanmaster to watch O2 and KR.

Not sure but I know Grumpy ran 36s to mid 11s so no reason 42s couldn't do the same. E85 would not make anywhere near that.

I ran a set of 42.5# injectors all the way to a 10.83.......they were static, but some extra FP kept the AFR rich enough.

You have to work on the launch, but its also seems like your running really rich. Are you using sticky tires? Unless your running a street tire, you 60's time should be 1.7's or better.

No just some old and I think dry BF G's.....
Also I wanted to shout out to Bison for the AWESOME Turbo and great customer service!!!