Finished head install couple questions

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i just finished installing a set of ported irons on my car. I have not beat on the car much as of yet and have the boost set low around 10psi, but i can already feel a increase in power especially on the low end. Anyways my exhaust sounds totally different. Almost like the car isnt running on all cylinders, only when giving it gas. But the car is driving good and making good power so would a head swap change the exhausts sound or maybe i have a exhaust leak? Thanks

With only having 6 cylinders, you should be able to tell right away if you have a miss in the motor. The first thing to check is that the spark plug wires are installed correctly. I don't recall the exhaust sounding different when I put the champion irons on my car, but it did have more power, no question about it.

Chuck

Damn i just went and checked the firing order and its right. Maybe i just have a exhaust leak, its hard to hear anything right this second though because my stupid accessory belt is squeaking like crazy. I spray a little belt dressing on it and its cool for like 2 minutes. Belt was perfect before...

because my stupid accessory belt is squeaking like crazy. I spray a little belt dressing on it and its cool for like 2 minutes. Belt was perfect before...

You may have reversed the direction that the belt used to go. Take the belt off and reinstall it after flipping the belt 180*. After discovering this issue, I now install belts so that the printed numbers and such can be read directly (not upside down). That way when a belt is removed it is easy to put it back on so that it continues to rotate in the same direction.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Hmm i dunno i have the belt going that way and i finally got it quite now. But i was driving the car and now i noticed it has a BAD shutter when i hold the gas like 25% down. The whole car is vibrating when this is happening if i give the car gas it goes away but like i said earlier my exhaust still sounds wierd whenever im giving it gas. Any idea's guys?

Does it have a miss at idle? Have you dbl checked and made sure the boots are on the plugs and you are not arcing anywhere?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have no clue what happened to this plug, I used my camera to look in at the piston and it looks perfect. I just put in a new plug and this car got sideways at 40mph and scared the crap out of me. Running like a champ now. Thanks for all the help...