Finialy found something worth while.

Originally posted by TurboBusa
YOU are the man! great job! for me since it's san diego ( the rice rides capital of the world) i don't get nothin. i had this one chick tell me (fine asian girl) you should submit your car for that "pimp your ride" show on MTV. i just kept to myself and waited till tech was over then as we lined up i saw her and her boyfriend with that rx7 twin turbo and nawwwws and slicks. she was riding passenger they allow that here it RACELEGAL.com 1/8mile. check it out dec.10,04. he ran 9.0 and red lit and i ran 7.3, i saw her again and smiled she said nice car. i ignored her, then i just went back to the pit.
Ignored her? Okay, she does sound stupid as hell for thinking that a respectable car like a TB should be on "Pimp My Ride" but if she was fine and she smiled at you then maybe you coulda "educated" her.;)

I should have TOMMY but i was more worried about getting my girl back in the pits to kool down and do some more adjusting. she's the only girl i needed to worry about, she don't complain or she don't whine (well except for the turbo whine). all i do is feed her leaded 114 and shove it into Drive and go.:)

Sadly i lost the girl and the gn. I lost the girl to some differences in opinion, and we never talk. I lost the gn because of a drunk driver in a 87ish F250 deisel truck. Yeah, those 7000lb things. He ran into the back of me and ran over the trunk up onto my roof and shatterd the t-top and his front left tire landed in my passanger seat. Not pretty I was pissed.

So im driving around in my beater car. A 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (really slow) its a 5spd FWD, Blah.

Anyway I picked up a few toys for it.
- T3/T4 Turbo $0.00 (needs rebuilding, bought a kit for$100.00)
- 60mm Throttle body (used ebay item, $75.00)
- Ported and polished heads (did at home with meh dremmel :D)
- Regrinded cams w/higher lift done by a friend ($100.00)
- 115lb Vavle springs from a friend who junked out his 1g ($50.00)
- 1st gen blow off valve ($35.00 from DSMtrader.com)
- Cut my spare exhaust manifold downpipe flange off
- Orderd a T3 flange and an adapter plate (50 bucks off ebay)
- Ported Intake manifold ($75 done by a friend)
- SRT4 FMIC (present from my brother)
- Used SAFC II got it for 200 bucks off ebay.

My friend is gonna hook me up with some I/C piping and a new 3" down pipe. 3" catless/mufflerless exhaust with Vr4 style tips. All for about 200 bucks. Since he works at an exhaust shop.

So, all in all ive spent about $900.00 and my car will be boosted on 9psi (the wastegate is set for that). And I hope to be around 275-300whp with a perfect tune, and at least 250-275lbs/tq.

I have checked the calculators and they said i should run anywere from a 12.5xx @ 108mph to a 12.9xx @ 105mph.

Since calculators tend to be WRONG. And just an estimate. Im gonna estimate a 13.0xx @ 110 to a 13.4 @ 108mph. From track runs ive seen with a similar setup. But hey everycar is different. I highly doubt that ill run 12s. And i highly doubt ill run a mid-high 14. I think mid to low 13s should be a good guess. Which will be a decentaly quick street car. But it could never ever have a snowball chance in hell of what a buick could do with less money...

Oh well, im still looking for another buick. I'll get another one some day..

Man that SUCKS!!!!!! I can feel some of your pain! A few months ago a drunk with 3 of his buddys went into the side of me when they lost control. I was in my 98 crew cab dually and they hit me hard enough that it spun me 180 degrees around and over the curb facing back the way I was coming. My truck was totaled. Then the pricks tried to leave the wreck! They didn't get far, about 150 yards then the car died from all the water pouring out the radiator of it. To top it all off I had to go to court for the state as the jerk didn't want to pay the ticket for leaving the sceen of an accident! I am grateful that my job doesn't allow any weapons to be in your car on their property or I would be in jail now lol . Good luck on your search for a new one! Daniel

87 grandnational, Im missing something...how does your post count stay the same, and senior member at first post?

Anyway, better luck with your cars/girls.

I think it updates to you current status. Like if I post here my post count goes up one and if I post another message my post count goes up one. Come back to this thread it it also will read one higher. I think it also updates signatures on old posts if you change them at a later date. At least most boards like this do it that way.

Originally posted by 87grandnational
Sadly i lost the girl and the gn. I lost the girl to some differences in opinion, and we never talk...

Hey 87 grandnational do u still have her number handy? :D

you and your turbo regal. dumb ass in a honda with his girl, you smoke honda dude leaves girl, girl likes buicks, you give her a ride, she leaves you a note to go get your pen. now that im up to speed..... you really need to get that(aham)....pen. Nice kill man im impressed. harry

Dude, I'm sorry for your turn of events. Everything happens for a reason and you sound like a real decent guy.

One thing I know, I think I will forever remember your words, "The ignorance was music to my ears........."

It pretty much says it all! Good luck to ya! ;)

Ken

i wish i stopped reading at the first page.. :'-( sorry for the loss(s) man, that really sucks. good luck with the new car. :)

i wish i stopped reading at the first page.. :'-( sorry for the loss(s) man, that really sucks. good luck with the new car. :)

Great post, I am sure I am bringing this back from the dead but I just read it and it was a well written story and I just wanted to comment on it. :)

Your story is a complete fake. about 3 or 4 years ago a guy posted a fictitious story with almost the EXACT same scenario. even including the way you described the civic as well as the whole part about "i wont run you til i see under the hood" and all that crap. as well as the part about giving the girlfriend a ride home cuz he left her there, and her giving him the number and everything. the stories are almost identical.

since then several people have every once in a while posted a similar story, then been found out that they copied this original story.

you all have been duped.

Originally posted by elcamino383
thanks for ruining the story honda boy! it was probley you out there who got beat wasnt it! ;) j/k
lol yeah you know us damn salty honda fanboys. :D :cool: