Fine spring day yesterday....

gearhead_9_9

You did what in your cup?
so I went for a cruise. Come to a stop light on a 4 lane highway and end up right next to an '05/'06 Vette (not a Z06). My boy says "beat him daddy" and I smile. The driver of the Vette gives me a head nod, we're going when the light turns green. So I warm up the drag radials a bit, can you say smokey burn out?:cool:

The driver of the Vette looks at his wife/girl friend and looks back at me. Shakes his head "no". I say "darn it" (got my boy with me, can't swear you know). The light turns green and we poke away from the light.:frown:

I think the reputation of GN's are well known in my little corner of the world. I just met a bunch of GN freaks like me for lunch a few weeks ago and I had the slowest of the bunch. I guess too many people getting spanked by big black Buick's?

I have had the car for 2 years now and this is the 3rd time someone "backed down". Still have yet to have a street race, guess that is a good thing.

GH

Nice would be kill. Maybe the burnout scared them away. I usually take the passive approach and let them make the first move. That way they are committed before they know what they are going to get. Heeheehee.

yeah, the passive approach is good. that's a good way to draw a hesitant person into a race -- take off kinda fast like you're trying to get in front of them, and when they floor it, it's on. i hardly ever rev at people or do burnouts unless i'm screwing around with friends.

Plus if his girlfriend was borderline before the burnout, it might push her to a solid NO - you know, the one with crossed eyes, pinched mouth and clenched together legs...

That look has ended more potential races...

Jim

Why didnt you just call the police and tell them you were about to race instead of burning up your tires trying to call attention to the race.....duh......;)

Why didnt you just call the police and tell them you were about to race instead of burning up your tires trying to call attention to the race.....duh......;)

Geee, you would think I would have thought of that?:p :rolleyes:

Can't launch for poop if I don't warm 'em up.;)

some people just wont race on the street. dosnt mean you will win. but now you will never know :biggrin:

I lost too a mustang in my daily 240sx and told him to come back to my house so i could switch cars. He's like "what do you have a GN? Yea no thanks" . I dont know who he was or how he knew i had it but i dont like it.

Plus if his girlfriend was borderline before the burnout, it might push her to a solid NO - you know, the one with crossed eyes, pinched mouth and clenched together legs...

That look has ended more potential races...

Jim

Yes and she might have seen his kid with him that pushed her to a solid NO