Finding an appraiser for stolen T

GregInAtl

I am trying to find the real value of a 87 Turbo T that we had stolen. Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book puts the car at $4,600 which is wrong. I was sellin it for $12,000 and had much interest. Anyone know how/where to go to find a fair value?

You may want to contact Dennis Kirban... He has a specific apprasier that he has used for similar reasons. It was mentioned in one of his e-newsletters a while back.

Get as many examples that are for sale off of the internet. Then ask for a appraiser of specialty cars to appraise yours. Provide any pictures and receipts you have. I did this after a car of mine was stolen and received top dollar in return from the insurance co.

KBB usually seems to low ball things, try NADA...plus from what i've seen NADA is more widely used on the business side of things(ie. acquiring a loan for a vehicle)
HTH
-Joe

T's real value?

Have you tried the ****? Call between 8AM and 12:30 PM 229-244-0577. Tell them what happened. I believe Richard Lasseter does Appraisals for $85.00. It won't hurt to call and find out if they can help you. Good luck.

After numerous calls, I found a guy in Suwanee GA that does appraisals, and is very familiar w/ the loop hole w/ T-types/turbo Ts, being valued $8,000 less than equally equipped GNs. His valuation of the car (obv sight unseen since it was stolen) w/o all the options figured is $12,500. He said it may even be a lil higher since the GA market is so strong. I'll have a full run down in a few days, and a check to boot!
NICE! ;)

Can you give me his # I'am looking to get my we-4 appraised. How much did he charge you for the appraisal? Thanks Dave

Ditto.... send me the info.... I need to get my insurance to agree upon a value for my car...... before anything happens to it......

I am using a guy named Steve Dempsey of Dempsey Appraisals, he is in Suwanee GA, and charges $200. (which is a steal considering this took me from a $4600 car to a $12,500 one) His office # is-770-205-1051

Big Thx to Dennis Kirban (Kirban Perf) for promptly returning my call and having a site that shows alot of similar sales to go off of as well.

try to get a cpi book . cars of particular interest they list prices of special interest autos. good luck i don't think an appraiser can put a value on your auto unless it is recovered. hope you have lots of photos and documentation.