Finally ran a 10 sec. pass!!

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved

IMG_1157.JPG

Congratulations. I know you've working hard to reach that goal.

Great timing, too. In case you haven't heard, one of the Ford guys picked up their end of the log and the 2013 Buick versus Ford Shootout on the schedule at TVRP for October 12, 2013. Same format and rules. Track is under new management and improvements are being made.

There is a thread in the National Racing Events section. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/2013-buick-versus-ford-event-at-noble.386661/

Let me know if you're coming and I'll add your name to the Commitment List.

Phil Engle

thanks Phil! i'm most definitely in!! we backed the 10.80 up 2 more times that day basically hot lapping it, this should start to be a fairly consistent performance not a one time deal! im gonna do some suspension work and a roll bar over the coming months, so hopefully the car will be a few tenths faster by the time buick vs ford comes around

Do you really use a football for airbag lmao!!! I tried that before too but they poped. Got the real deal from air-lift.

Great feeling getting that first 10.:D What octane and boost?

84air. , yes i really do have a football in my right rear spring for an airbag! the weekend previous to my 10 sec. passes we went to the track to attempt for 10's but only ran a best of 11.00! (we were also fighting a 30+ mph crosswind that day) .. previously when the car would hit the tires and start to rollout and lift the front end it would unload the chassis some and spin the tires a few feet. i knew this would probably be the case as i've done very little to the suspension on the car but i just wanted to see what it'd do, don't like making a bunch of changes at once. talking with my buddy that helps me with the car, i told him i thought i remembered hearing were people had used a football for an airbag, and knowing the suspension needed a little help, i figured i didn't have much to lose, and just enough of a smarta$$ to try it. so i went to walmart and got a pro size wilson football for $20, deflated it stuffed it inside the spring and aired it back up!! it really did seriously help the. and you can also tell its in there if you make a hard left turn as compared to a right turn!! i thought it was funny enough to try! and its got about 300 street miles on it also, it hasn't popped yet. for $20 it was worth the laugh of trying it!! and it worked!!

Dreamcar86!! name was Jason right? where have you been!? haven't heard a word from you in awhile! whats the status of you car? hope life it treating you well!

Thanks for all the replies guys!!

Krom! we were running sunoco 110 that day, i usually run VP c16 or Q16 for a tuning cushion but couldnt get any that day from the fuel guy. it seemed to be ok on the 110. and running right 25psi.. and the boost gauging bouncing around some on the big end!! :confused: