FINALLY! pics of SLP wheels/my car

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
here are some pics of the 17" SLP hyper black wheels on my WH1. There are also some other pics of my car listed. Let me know what you think!!!:D

Attachments

• s2010057.jpg
    s2010057.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 576
Looks good. What size tires? You really need to lower it now! If you dropped it 2"-3" and stuffed some 295-315 size meats under the back it would look soooo sweet!

255/45/17 BFG Traction T/As on 17x8s. Sam, I agree it needs to be dropped at least 1.5" I'll wait until the spring when I rebuild the rear end and see if I can drop it a little. 275s are probably next, but for now I am poor again :(

those look great! now you got me itching to buy rims.

how much do they weigh? a big weight difference from the stockers?

they don't weigh as much as GN wheels for sure, but they felt about the same as my T wheels. I've always liked the big wheel look on these cars, but never had the dough to do it. I think its $$$ well spent, as the old T wheels seemed to detract from the quality of the car.

I just happened to see 2 T-Types last weekend, one being this one and :eek: It's beautiful! These wheels (i had no clue what they were at the time) looked awesome! I'd love to see it again.

The other T had a power 6 emblem on the side and stock wheels and was sorta beat up..(still a TR though..gotta respect!).

Nice Car Tom! :D Good meeting ya.

my eyes my eyes, 2 much bling for me, no thank you. but i agree the paint its nice if the rims where black to compliment the top of the black paint would look bitching. :)

hey...those wheels look amazing....where, how much, what bolt patterns do gns have btw, is the bolt pattern 5X5, because my jeep has that, and its a fact that Mustang Cobra 18X9 wheels fit right on the jeep...and probably wouldnt look bad on a gn...especially since they come in many finishes i think

you can get them from SLP, they were $699 and they are made to fit G-body cars with no spacers. I'm not sure of the bolt pattern, but I think its 5x4.75.

Wiked87: I think you would like them more in person, the pictures brightened them up a good bit, they look more like a gun metal grey in real life

I am with the others, great looking car and the rims are nice too. If I had them it would make me miss my 96 SS which had ZR1's on it. :(

Hyperblack ???

Hey Tom Tom, what exactly is the difference between hyper black and the regular silver ? The pictures look silver. Car looks damn good BTW. I was thinking of these wheels but I wanted dark spokes. Yours still looks kind of silver.

:confused: