Finally my 8 second pass ..... thanks

Jack like a fine wine, you get better as you age.... To bad neither of us can have a taste...... But right now you have a better taste in you that no one can take from you....
Joe Horvith

Hey Jack, what can I say that hasn't already been said:D :D :cool:congradulations brother.. Jr.

Jack ya know what would be cool.............since you have to get one anyway.........an orange parachute with a jack o lantern face on the other side so when when you pull it it matches the car.

Perfect just in time for Halloween.

Congrats again!!

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Jack ya know what would be cool.............since you have to get one anyway.........an orange parachute with a jack o lantern face on the other side so when when you pull it it matches the car.

Perfect just in time for Halloween.

Congrats again!!

Now that's a bitchin' idea!:D

Congratulations and best of luck in the future! by the way-what head gaskets are you running with the GN-1 s? And how about adding a license plate on the back-"JACK-B-QUICK"

Thanks Guys!!!!

Where to begin, so many great ideas, I really want to do something with the jack-o-lantern theme, does anyone have ideas of what I can use to color it and still be able to take off without hurting the paint? Orange parachute would be kewl, Rich, any idea where I can get one of those? Otherwise it will be black.
Head gaskets are the Detriots, S2 same ones I used for about 400 plus passes on the last motor.

I thought of a few guys I skipped, namely the TSO, TSE and hwatever name those classes have been over the years. Cal, Gary Harmon, Willard Brown, Dave Fiscus, Art from Tx, and others have helped or shared experiences in one or another, they are a great bunch of guys and maybe, just maybe....... I can find another 100hp or so to be a factor in the TSO class. Can't forget that ole man OC either.

Jack try Stroud Safety maybe they can make you up a special one or color, I know they make whatever size you want window netting so whats to say they cant make ya an orange chute, as long as it meets all the safety requirements who cares.

Ok, hope you guys are happy, I have a painter\artist guy coming over monday. He's going to show my some pics of a sinister, "with an attitude" pumpkin to paint on the hood. If any of you artist types out there have any idea you want to try and put on an attachment, have at it, I'm looking for ideas. I want something thats going to make a statement!! It's going to be permanent, in fact if I use anyone picture, you will be rewarded!!!

By the way...... not sure why.... but I may go to the GMHTP shootout next week, I will have the paint done for that.

Originally posted by JCotton
By the way...... not sure why.... but I may go to the GMHTP shootout next week, I will have the paint done for that.

Congrats Jack!!! Your car should have been featured in GMHTP a long long time ago........ Maybe if you show up at the event........ oh well I don't want to say anything cause nothing will probably come of it:D ;)

Originally posted by JCotton
I thought of a few guys I skipped, namely the TSO, TSE and hwatever name those classes have been over the years. Cal, Gary Harmon, Willard Brown, Dave Fiscus, Art from Tx, and others have helped or shared experiences in one or another, they are a great bunch of guys and maybe, just maybe....... I can find another 100hp or so to be a factor in the TSO class. Can't forget that ole man OC either.

LOL!! I know all I have caused you is a LOT of aggrivation!

Don't sell yourself short Jack. Everyone one of the guys you mentioned above has a good idea what it takes to run an 8. AND IT AIN'T EASY! We are more than happy to welcome you into the "8 second club". You've come along ways in the last year.

I think, if you change the other half of your turbo, you'll be right in the thick of things. Come on down to Reynolds. That is where we FL boys usually run our best times.