Finally got the car back together...

Scott Adcock

Well after like 6 years, I finally got the car back together and started this weekend - even took it for a test drive. I did have some issues with overheating initially, but turns out the radiator was not up to the job and replaced it with a 3 core unit. Now it stays nice and cool. I still have some power tuning yet to do, but the initial timing feels right on and the MSD Boost retard still needs to be hooked up. Anybody install one of these on the early turbo six? If so, what wires went where?

I've been reading some on the alky injection and am interested in trying a setup on the car in the near future as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 261
Welcome back to the B4Black section Scott. Where the hell have you been?:confused: Now add what you've done to the car other than save it from the crusher.:D Looks really good, btw.:cool:

looks good.
Is that a nitrous kit on that car? good to see another B4B member using nitrous on his car.

Thanks guys. Yea, it's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm back :D

Here's what has been done to the car:
- Body off to rebuild the frame / suspension / new body bushings, etc.
- New head gaskets (the issue that lead to a 6 year project)
- Freshen up the engine bay, etc.
- Custom 2.5" downpipe and exhaust

Previous mods:
- Forged pistons
- 1.77 swirl polished intake valves
- port matched intake to heads
- Kenne Bell turbo headers / crossover
- TRW turbo cam
- distributor recurve
- Q-jet carb tricks (Doug Roe & Bill Fisher Book is great)
- adjustable wastegate rod
- bleed valve
- 3:42 rear (non posi :(
- fogger NOS setup just ahead of the compressor)

Yes, it has a small shot of nitrous to get things moving - really wakes up the turbo and acts kinda like a liquid intercooler but I have been thinking of trying to install an alky kit as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3263.jpg
    IMG_3263.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 102-0291_IMG.jpg
    102-0291_IMG.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 183
Thanks guys. Yea, it's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm back :D

Here's what has been done to the car:
- Body off to rebuild the frame / suspension / new body bushings, etc.
- New head gaskets (the issue that lead to a 6 year project)
- Freshen up the engine bay, etc.
- Custom 2.5" downpipe and exhaust

Previous mods:
- Forged pistons
- 1.77 swirl polished intake valves
- port matched intake to heads
- Kenne Bell turbo headers / crossover
- TRW turbo cam
- distributor recurve
- Q-jet carb tricks (Doug Roe & Bill Fisher Book is great)
- adjustable wastegate rod
- bleed valve
- 3:42 rear (non posi :(
- fogger NOS setup just ahead of the compressor)

Yes, it has a small shot of nitrous to get things moving - really wakes up the turbo and acts kinda like a liquid intercooler but I have been thinking of trying to install an alky kit as well.

very nice job!
btw i keep telling these guys nitrous is the way to go. i really does work alot better. any way nice work

Frame off on a carb turbo car, cool! Are those 83-85 headers or something else? They look different. Maybe because they are nice and not rust covered haha.

Boy I hope mine turns out looking that nice Scott. That's the way GM should've done them to begin with.

THHHHE Nicest !!! "Holy Crap I missed this one"!!! BEAUTIFUL !!! OK: Where'd ya get the Turbo ? (Is it Stock)?

Thanks 1980 Buick! The turbo is the stock unit, but I have another on the bench that I plan on reworking some stuff in the near future ;)

PM me if you want the number for the turbo guy the C/T guys have been using Scott.:D Reed should be albe to help you out with a better design for it.:cool:

Anyone know what the color codes are to this car? Is it a factory two-tone?
Hi Turboclam, Yes this is a factory two tone car. the factory paint codes are Silver Irid (code 15) and Gray Irid (code 16) special color two tone ony. I will get some more photos of the car up soon. Just got back from the drag strip the other night and will have some posts related soon as well :)

Thanks!