Finally got it started, now no fuel pressure

buickbert

So its been close to a year that gn has been down. Long story but lifted the heads and blah blah blah. Well I finally got it all put back together today and fired it up. Idled for a good 20 minutes then without warning it dropped fuel pressure and wont start back up. I checked the fuse in the hotwire kit, its ok. Wheres the stock fuse for this thing? The pump was about 2 months old when I hurt the motor but I used to be able to hear it buzzing, but now I cant seem to hear it.....any ideas???

Buickbert

Had something similar after an engine change and found that I needed to unhook the hot wire kit, but plugging the original supply connector directly to the fuel pump connector.

The hot wire kit had a fuse connector failure. After bypassing that you could jumper power to the fuel pump connector next to the alternator to see if that starts the pump.

The ECM only applies power to the fuel pump for a few seconds after turning the key on.

Had something similar after an engine change and found that I needed to unhook the hot wire kit, but plugging the original supply connector directly to the fuel pump connector.

The hot wire kit had a fuse connector failure. After bypassing that you could jumper power to the fuel pump connector next to the alternator to see if that starts the pump.

The ECM only applies power to the fuel pump for a few seconds after turning the key on.

Ill check that tomorrow, thx loyd

Buickbert

If after you go through all the voltage and relay checks and if they check out you might pull the gas tank and look at the connector on the pump hanger. I had a problem with mine and finally just eliminated it.
Jeff

update

Went out to mess with it again today, not much luck.....didn't do the jumper thing but the car started and the fp came up on the guage to a lil over 40# and car idled just fine.... ran it for a lil while and like the knucklehead I am I had hopes everything was ok. Turned it off and fired it up a couple of times...perfect its working....I turned it off to install the crossover and now it won't start again. Tried a new relay and still nothing.

This is missing me off....

Buickbert