Finally Got It Running After Long Winter

yamla_jatt806

Hello all,

I bought a 1986 GN back in September of last year and drove it for a couple of month until the fuel pump died in November. We had such a rough winter in Chicago this year that I let the car sit in the garage for 4 months until today. Finally got a new Walbro fuel pump installed in it today along with other spring cleaning items. Attached are a couple of pics of it, it's not much to look at as the body has rust all along the bottom of the car. I plan to replace all the rusted body panels this summer. I bought both doors, fenders, quarters, & a trunk lid this winter...now just need to get them installed on the car...don't know anything about body work but will give it a shot.

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 194
I got the fuel pump installed but could not install the hotwire kit for it. The plug on the fuel pump side was missing, looks like the previous owner directly connected the wires to the sending unit. The mechanic thinks I will need a new sending unit too, I need to investigate this further. Also got a fuel pressure regulator installed and set at 40 PSI, the car runs much stronger now than before.

The tires on this car are from 1992, so they need to be replaced badly, anyone got good ideas for replacement tires? Not looking to spend too much as I want to install new wheels once all the body work is done.

No other performance mods planned at the moment...I am still learning about this car and soaking in all the knowledge that the various websites contain.

Cheers.