finally got into the elevens!

no options

It took 2 years and 22 passes, but I finally got my goal. going to the strip really taught me a lot. I found out what I thought was a ta49 when I bought the car was a stock one. Also that it had the wrong converter. I do not post much at all, just read and learn. But I wanted to say thanks to this board, alkycontrol, turbotweak, and full throttle speed for all your help and info. I know its just elevens, but being on a budget, and raising a family, it really meant a lot for all those nights wrenching and tuning on my own car to finally pay off. First pass was no good, I was so set on tuning, that I forgot to let the air out of my tires and set the airbags. blew the tires away and they didn't run the clocks so I had nothing. second pass I set everything up and actually lauched the car kind of soft after spinning on first pass. Here's how that pass went:

reaction: .616
60': 1.786
1/8: 7.484@93.419
1/4: 11.62@116

23psi, 25/21, alky on 6, 0 knock, and I know there's more in it. But I am very satisfied with it and am going to enjoy it!

11's

congrat's... what rear tires were you running?

I have yet to run my car, still learning, but the setups are similar, so I would hope for similar results!

Nice! It really pays off to read and research. Actually a 2 year learning curve is not bad. You can see some people on the board with bad combos and times that have been on the board longer than that. You've spent your money well and got commendable results. Isn't it cool to ruin a Mustang or Camaro's day with your silly little 6?:smile:

Boost231
I'm only using the scanmaster.

03Fatboy
I started out with 255-50-16 bfg drag radials. I was everywhere with those. From 1.70 to 1.97 once I put the right converter in. But after reading so many good things about the mickeythompson drag radials, I went with those on 15" weld draglights that came with the car in 255-60-15 for the 27"diameter. These guys were right. I launched kind of easy after spinning the first pass and still got a 1.78.

Pronto
Thanks. You guys on this board have helped so much and really know your stuff. It was fun to have people come look at the motor after that pass and then find out that its stock heads/intake/throttlebody etc.