Finally found a TR

gusszgs

Hi all, I haven't been a member for long, but have lurking around here for close to 3 yrs now. And I just got my first TR. Got the car home yesterday.
First thing I'm going to do is install 6776 BB turbo and put the timing to her...and leave the stock injectors.....:biggrin: Just joke'n fella's....go easy.
Seriously though......1st thing is a spring cleaning and I'll order a Scanmaster.
P.S. I'm close friends with my bank manager.:biggrin:
Here's a link. Finally found a TR - V8Buick.com

Congrats on the car. Post the pics here so we don't have to register at another forum to see them. ;)

Sounds like you are on the right track starting with the spring cleaning and data scanner. Then decide if you want to keep it stock for the value, or mod it.

Congrats on the car. Post the pics here so we don't have to register at another forum to see them. ;)

Sounds like you are on the right track starting with the spring cleaning and data scanner. Then decide if you want to keep it stock for the value, or mod it.

Ya, I tried to post the picks here first but it won't allow me because of the file size of the pic :confused: ....shot em in vga on the sony. Sorry not too handy with the tech stuff. Can post them on V-8 no probs.

Here we go guy's......had to resize the pics.

Attachments

• Regal1.jpg
    Regal1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 479
  • Regal2.jpg
    Regal2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 489
  • Regal3.jpg
    Regal3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 495
Thanks alot, this car is a blast. Couldn't run better. Everything works, no rattles. I ordered the Scanmaster, and it could use a nice exhaust. The system on there now is stock single muffler behind the tank with some real cheesy bends. 464 GS is sitting in the garage pouting :biggrin:

OK guys, just wanted to give an update on the progress with the T.
Completed the spring cleaning except for the coil pack which I tested with the ohm test and it seemed good. I will change it for piece of mind soon.
Installed Scanmaster 2.1, ps breather and block off, and a 9" K&N
I installed a couple of gauges...knock and boost/vac.
Also installed an adjustable accuator for the wastegate. Installed adjustable fuel pressure reg.
Also blocked off the coolant line going to the throttle body.
Walbro 340 and hotwire going in Tues.

Car runs real strong, shifts good and hard, idles great. I set the FP to 44lbs line off.

Here are the SM #'s today after a good drive, idling in the driveway.
AF-05
L8-39
BATT-13.2
INT-130
BL-125
CLT-187
ATS-119
R-725
TPS-.44
IAC-20

I made one good run @ full throttle and my millivolts were 820 with 1.4*retard, this was @ 78 mph. 12lbs of boost on the new VDO
I think the SM numbers are ok, but any ideas why I'd get the 1.4* of knock retard with the 02's at 820. Stock pump not keeping up maybe??:confused:
Ant thoughts? TIA, Jim

car looks good!

Car looks great. Congrats I havent been a member for real long yet either. I had the same problem at the begining with my car and once i put the new pump and hotwire, Problem solved!!:biggrin:

Install Walbro more knock

Well, I installed the new 340 Walbro and hotwire kit today. Coming home got on it and got 3.9*NR.....what the heck?? O2's were high 870's. Most NR before was 1.9*(stock pump) and only 1 green on the Caspers. Tonight I got 3 green lights.
Any ideas? Thought I read somewhere you can get fuel knock.
Pressure is set at 44 and 37..... shold I turn the FP down a bit?
Oh ya, I've got the boost set at around 15 psi.

drop some race fuel in it!!! at least 110 and see what happens.... maybe you got some bad fuel...... just a thought.....

drop some race fuel in it!!! at least 110 and see what happens.... maybe you got some bad fuel...... just a thought.....
Good point....thank you.
Come to think of it I do have a mix in there right now of 91 and 94 with doing the fuel pump and all. Usually I'll only use Sunoco 94.