Finally...Coach's New Build...

Good luck!!!! Don't break the dyno!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
The new front frame brace installed...
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397326602.234427.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397326632.926315.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397326649.765369.jpg

Brother that is looking absolutely incredible!! Can't wait for the finished product. I hope you contacted some magazines to get some ink on this beauty.
Peter

Here are some pics. Brian and I hit it hard for 11 1/2 hours today... It's close....but still so far away.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397359556.738652.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397359579.549178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397359596.667280.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397359612.631388.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397359627.802963.jpg

Hi coach, Thanks for the heads up I was ready for you this time, I put on my shades for all the shiny chrome that is on your engine of artwork.:artist:
It's a shame to cover your artwork with the hood, maybe you can make a clear plexiglass hood so all can enjoy your workmanship

Last edited:
Coach, interesting way to mount the cooler. Is that an oil or trans cooler? How did you mount it?

Coach, interesting way to mount the cooler. Is that an oil or trans cooler? How did you mount it?

It's the Trans cooler and I'll have to have Brian take pics from underneath the car to see the mounting.

Thanks Brian.
The Transcooler is encased in an aluminum frame. It is surrounded by rubber for the shock of driving. It uses 2 aluminum spacers off of 2 water pump bolts...similar to the spacer on a PTE SLIC. The spacers do not support any weight. They just keep it spaced out 3/8" from the OEM intercooler fan on the crank pulley. The mounts you see in the pictures above, clamp onto the front frame brace. The entire front frame and engine is all solid, but the mount can move independently if needed.
I have a custom shroud and ram air tubes that will run under the core support and grab air from the same place the factory SLIC did.

Wow.....here I was hoping it was something I could do to mount mine. Impeccable work guys!

Wow.....here I was hoping it was something I could do to mount mine. Impeccable work guys!
It is, you just need access to a $500,000.00 CNC machine and several hundred dollars of billet aluminum.
Just kidding, I wish I had those abilities . Great work Coach!

Even the tranny cooler is tricked out! Great work to take it all from idea to reality.

Damn I have been away too long great looking work , Coach that looks like a monster good luck with it bro

Well another long day at Brian's. We got it just about done....or together. There's a lot of thrashing being done and something's are not as neat as they will be, but we are running out of time.

Well she's running guys. HOLY SHIT does this thing sound mean. Def don't sound like a stock Buick anymore. Still a few issues...but I'll spare you the drama. Gonna be real close on getting it to the dyno. Brian is doing everything in his power to get all the bugs and gremlins out so Cal can turn it loose.
Detailed photos to come...