Finally...Coach's New Build...

Damn son!! Cool beans..U need a billet cover for the cam sensor cap!! Just a thought. If u going to do do it all the way. Lol beautiful.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
It's getting built...

Dreaming these ideas has lead to you already creating perfection as a machinist to these one of kind components.(y)
I always enjoy your workmanship(y)

Coach, what polishing compounds, polishes and tools do you use? Awesome looking pieces btw.

Ok guys,
Car is now at Brian Lorenz's shop. It got the double pumps installed yesterday, and a new Canton Engineering fuel filter.
Today it got a FAST XFI and goodies.
The new RPE Stroker, Janis tranny, Denny's Pro driveshaft and PTC from Dusty are coming in a day or two.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396390937.969668.jpg

I just got my power steering pump housing back...that's the last piece.
Now put it all back together and away we go...
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396391060.241453.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396391075.941280.jpg

Hard at work putting this project together. Have a long way to go and a short time to get there :D Casper's XFI adapter harness was installed today under the passenger seat/carpet. XFI was mounted under the seat and all additional wiring was added and ran. Couple quick picts snapped.

20140401_151713.jpg
20140401_182028.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent work guys!! Love the build Coach. Just throwing this out there, but I would reconsider a double pump system on a stock feed line if that is what I am seeing in your pic posted of the fuel filter. That could possibly lead into pump problems down the road trying to feed 2 pumps on that line. Not worth the risk on a no expense spare venture like this. The inside dia on the lines at the end where the fittings are, is smaller then the inside dia of the line itself. IMO, it's going to over work your pumps. Minimum "I" would use would be a #8 line as a feed.

Keep plugging away boys, I'm extremely eager to hear it running.

Thanks Mike! I am duplicating my set up and several other mid 9 sec car builds I have done the last 5 years or so. Running Red's double pumps with stock lines and the stock fuel rail. These pumps and stock lines have been proven into the high 8's. We don't plan on having to push Coach's car real hard to run that high 9 pass he is after. If we were building more of a balls out TSM type build I would def do something along the lines of what you mentioned.

I can't wait to see it either...lol
Thought I had everything planned out pretty well...well I was wrong!!!
Brian is going nuts with all the small things I've overlooked. We will have it buttoned up next week...

Yey!! Good luck!!! Make a pull then pollish the chrome!! Then again then again!! U better order mothers buy the case!!!

Update...
A HUGE THANK YOU TO TBONE.
You saved my entire build with your generosity.
I owe you BIG TIME!!!

On my way to work on my car at Brian's shop. Gonna post some really good pics today. Still a ton to do...but getting there.