Finally...Coach's New Build...

Looks outstanding Coach! Is the intake chrome or vapor deposition?
The intake and timing cover are Vapor Dep. Other items are mirror polished and some are chromed. Im waiting to see them all together to see if you can tell much difference.

Ok...I know im slacking. Ive been plugging away, but on boring stuff. Im hoping for some pics to post soon.

Hi coach,
Yes I did saw some of your work but never read the whole thread until now, WOW that is some project you got going, Beautiful workmanship.
You are right when you said both you and dsapper have some major built going on, but for different reason.
Keep up the good work and of course keep us posted of your progress.

Ok...my TA headers are all finished. Just got them back from my welder. I had all the tubes welded completely and had EGT bungs installed. They look pretty good. Way better then when I got them out of the box, that's for sure.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1372883570.551338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1372883584.221006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1372883601.922891.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi coach,
headers and crossover pipe looks amazing, and finish did you place on the headers?

Hi coach,
headers and crossover pipe looks amazing, and finish did you place on the headers?
Thanks. They are bare stainless. Just smoothed and polished with a Scotch Brite pad. That is how I intend to keep them even on the running engine. The "straw" color that stainless headers and downpipes turn after they get hot can be polished off with a Scotch Brite pad in just a few minutes.

Those look pretty good but not shiny enough for u so just send them to me thanks bud ha ha I will be checking the mail!!!

Those look pretty good but not shiny enough for u so just send them to me thanks bud ha ha I will be checking the mail!!!

Bone...your a hoot.
Trust me, I started to polish them, but then I mocked them up and realized...there is no way to keep polishing them on the motor while in the car. The Scotch-Brite pad is very quick and easy...and I only hit the parts you can see.

They look very nice. I would mount them on the heads and then clearance the head bolt areas so you can get to the bolts if you want to retorque them without dropping the headers. Ask me how I know.

13 pages and still not running?? :confused:
Hahaha...this thread will go on for quite a while. We haven't even approached the frame and body mods. Just detailing out the Carbon Fiber inner fender molds will take pages!!! I've got 6 more projects started I haven't posted pics of yet.
Carbon Fiber front air dam
Carbon Fiber battery box
Carbon Fiber rear downforce wing
Front bumper mods
A trick tranny cooler mount
Not to mention a totally re-engineered frame and both suspensions.
Just stay watching...

They look very nice. I would mount them on the heads and then clearance the head bolt areas so you can get to the bolts if you want to retorque them without dropping the headers. Ask me how I know.
I'm running studs with 12 point nuts, flat washers, and lock washers. The headers on my other cars hold very well when fastened that way.
Got pics of where you clearanced?

I am going to wrap all of mine with titanium wrap I like it. It works well with the heat and looks pretty good too.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app