Finally...Coach's New Build...

ttypewhite said:
When it looks so good like this, it's almost a shame to put it in the car. Very nice Coach, very nice.

Hang on Mike...it's gonna get better. I had to pull items back from getting plated so I can send them on to the builder. They will get finished this winter.

It's all in the details. I took over 6 hours to put together a bolt list. I have an account at Gardner Westcott, so I placed an order for 203 pieces. Every nut, bolt, and washer is chrome. Still need a few longer that weren't listed in the catalog, but no biggie.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368407805.371653.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368407825.985053.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368407851.418733.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368407869.872611.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's all in the details. I took over 6 hours to put together a bolt list. I have an account at Gardner Westcott, so I placed an order for 203 pieces. Every nut, bolt, and washer is chrome......

Lol.... i've been there... i did the same thing with ARP stainless bolts and studs.... i would hate to think about how much i have spent just on fasteners alone... :eek: .... oh well its worth it to me..... and i guess you too ;)
i like how this is progressing.... i was a little scared at first because of the abundance of chrome you had... but now i see your accent colors and attention to detail and it looks great.

aaron

I bought all the bolts in stainless from Earl Brown, Donnie. Try sending him a PM and I'd bet he's got some of them laying around still.;)

I'll buy the longer bolts in steel and have them chromed. They are just as hard to get in stainless because of the shear strength.

Wow,

I never thought anyone could give Mark Hueffman(TR custom parts) a challenge for chrome accessories but I think you may have him beat.
Mark. if you read this your going to have to step it up a notch !!!
Allan G.

Thanks Allen,
Mark's car is awesome. I got to see it in person when I was up your way. I had my engine all black and silver with stainless nuts, bolts, and washers for 6 years. It's time for a change with this engine.

I was going to start a new build thread, Nothing crazy 109 stroker, Champion Heads/Cam by Bison, a new 6466, RJC FMIC 315 and bunch more with pictures, But Coach...... Shit who cares I would rather look at this work of art. Good luck with the rest, I have total respect for a man with a vision... Awesome

I was going to start a new build thread, Nothing crazy 109 stroker, Champion Heads/Cam by Bison, a new 6466, RJC FMIC 315 and bunch more with pictures, But Coach...... Shit who cares I would rather look at this work of art. Good luck with the rest, I have total respect for a man with a vision... Awesome
Thank you. I'm taking it as it comes. I get new ideas everyday. Stay tuned...

Just beautiful Donnie, I'm 2 yrs. away from starting a new build and it looks like yours will be the bar.:D
Did you have to set it so high. If most only new what it takes to get one to this type of level they would never start.

Ronnie

Just beautiful Donnie, I'm 2 yrs. away from starting a new build and it looks like yours will be the bar.:D
Did you have to set it so high. If most only new what it takes to get one to this type of level they would never start.

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie.
I am having a great time detailing everything, but the foundation of this build belongs to Brian Lorenz. He has put together this combo of items you see in the pictures. The engine is being built by one of the superior Buick builders, but this thread is all possible because I asked Brian for the help in building a Bad Ass Buick. He selected most of the items for the engines combo, and the rest of the drivetrain. He has built some killer rides and his own Limited, as well as Marty Green's Limited are mid 9 cars and he wants this one known as one of his too. My job is to pay for it all and then I'm making it look pretty.
The car will get put together as is and get the bugs worked out, then it will get torn back down to bare nothing and the new frame and rearend added as the body gets painted. It will then get re-assambled and be finished. How long this will take...I do not know. It all depends on how busy my work and business get. This thread could go on for another year. Im in no hurry.

Thanks
Donnie

I'm a lot jealous of the company you keep..two of those ( Brian's ) especially are of my favorites. I mean what's not to like..

Keep on keepin on.

Brian is installing the engine and tranny, hooking up the XFI, and plumbing in the double pumper. Most of the shiny parts you see in the pics will sit for a bit until we work out the bugs and get it dialed in on low boost. I'm gonna get my seat time before we crank this thing up.
I'm still planning on doing the frame, but it might not get under the car until the car gets painted. I'm only doing this once!!!

Ok guys,
I got my timing cover and a few other pieces back. I put them on the mock up engine for a few pics...then shipped everything off to the builder. It should not be long now.
I have a pile of things to do to get the car ready. It's just gonna look kinda plain for now. Nothing fancy until the new frame and paint get done.
I'm getting excited.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1369567442.226949.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1369567458.482790.jpg