Finalized Carputer/LCD & Interior... Decent Pics

Yea, apparently someone in TX (uhchemmm...pace>...) got ahold of some mockup pix of my engine bay. :) I'll take some pix at the end of the week... I need to do that anyways.

Thanks!!!
Phil

Royal-T-Ltd said:
MORE PIX PLEASE .... especially clear ones of the engine.... that thing looks like a beast :eek:
yeah i think he took em with his camera phone.

Thats a great lookin car, the interior and motor are great. But the thing that confuses me is how you spent so much time on everything and made those great door panels for the speakers, and then put Pyle speakers in there....I dont get it....why not not something decent? trust me im not trying to knock your car in any way, im just curious.

Because I realized I just spent $$$ on a hifi system and put it in a car with horrible roadnoise, rattles, and an engine that rumbles and resonates like a mofo. Those pyles sound great... maybe if i had a better car I'd be more motivated to put a more elite speaker in there. I did have a few Vifa drivers installed, and were much more money, but I thought those pyles sounded much better. Sounds better & cheaper = they stay, no matter what name is on em. I like to do the close-eye test a lot lately... the audiophile stuff is way overrated for mobile audio...

Phil

PhilM said:
Because I realized I just spent $$$ on a hifi system and put it in a car with horrible roadnoise, rattles, and an engine that rumbles and resonates like a mofo. Those pyles sound great... maybe if i had a better car I'd be more motivated to put a more elite speaker in there. I did have a few Vifa drivers installed, and were much more money, but I thought those pyles sounded much better. Sounds better & cheaper = they stay, no matter what name is on em. I like to do the close-eye test a lot lately... the audiophile stuff is way overrated for mobile audio...

Phil

yeah i completely understand that. and again, that car is unbelievable. :cool:

Phil, amazing machine you got there. No doubt you have mad skillz :cool: .

Looking forward to more pics, and perhaps a write-up on the LCD install? :D

And one more smiley for good measure.. :eek:

Finally, some more pix for y'all... Still haven't finished Climate Controls, probably do them when I actually need the heat (winter)

I made a new bezel with my company logo backlit in the bottom right... the bezel covers all gaps and the buttons. I also made up some tweeter protection since apparantly it has the same "touch me please" aura as shiny objects. I did the bezel and the tweeter 'grilles' on the waterjet.

I also started/(almost finished) the audio stuff...

I will post some more pix when I figure out all the CC mounting - it looks like it will be a lil more complicated since I will have to make up some custom valving. I will document the pnem. circuits so ppl that want to do it in the future will have help. Anyways, here's the new pics:

For when the gf's not riding:
Dancing%20Girl%20002a.jpg

Engine%20029a.jpg

Engine%20031a.jpg

Illuminated gauges in the custom dash me make-ey:
Gauges%20Illum%20Night%20053s.jpg

Amp Rack:
Hifonics%20Illum%20Night%20039a.jpg

Nice Woofer:
IDMAX%20037a.jpg

Backlit Prazision Elektronik logo:
pE%20Illum%20Night%20026a.jpg

Tweeter finger-keeper-outters:
pE%20Tweet%20030a.jpg

more to come... :)
Thanks

The audio stuff looks good but I think we all want to knowmore about the DRIVETRAIN!!!! Man what a motor.. Want to share any details.. turbo.block,transmission... How about some pics of the complete car??\\
Thanks you are truly a innovative person.. :)

Sweet....!

That Could Be The Nicest Street Car Setup Yet On ANY TB! Very Kool....! Can You Run The DFI System Thru That Monitor?

Wtf??

This Car is Unbelievable!.... I've seen some nice Buicks, but this one feels like I took a trip to Imagination Station at Epcot and seen a futuristic Turbobuick! And then that Engine Bay- Holy Cow!! ....Leaves quite an impression, and makes you really appreciate the attention to detail.

2 Thumbs Wayyyy Up! Niceeeeeee Work Dude!!!!

Thanks! your guys' compliments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... :redface:

Hmmm.

Drivetrain: 3.8 109 - strong as you can make em, forged stuff, GT72 turbo, WRE billet roller, custom intake with LT1 TB and about every remaining pipe me and keith made, custom 24x4x20 FMIC by keith, Gen7 DFI, TH400 built by Shertz with hipsters T-brake (that's what the button under the skull is for). Rear is being rebuilt this winter with spool, 30splines, etc... as soon as I get some free time. Was gonna do TSM, but too may rules I don't want on my streetcar - so hopefully I'll just snag the fastest 109 block car - but we'll see, there's some stiff comp.

Audio: 24bit soundcard to active X-over which splits the stereo into 5 seperate paths feed the 2 amps... set of highs, mids, and one woofer. IDMAX 12" woofer in sealed enclosure, audax silk tweets, pyle (yes pyle - see above) 5 1/4 midbass, hifonics amps (one ZXi 4406 4ch - 55x4 @ 4ohm and for the woofer a BXi 2006D.... it runs around 1000W RMS into the 2ohm load, 5F cap, quick disconnect amp power/speakon woofer connector (the whole audio system can be removed in about 5 minutes for when you wanna drop another 1/10th off your ET).

Body: The body isn't finished to my satisfaction... I have a rust spot on the DS door and havent been able to locate a nice door yet. I blasted some black 1k base and white sparkle pearl interm. clear about 2 years ago, but the rust eventually came back through. When I find another door and get all the fiberglass parts, I will repaint it with black flake instead (i had trouble finding it originally).

And FYI for those contemplating any audio upgrade in a car... I will NEVER buy another headunit again. The carputer is awesome - (GNBRETT it does run/monitor the DFI). I have almose 30GB of music on there, organized and tagged, so you could listen to new stuff for months. This doesn't even include the movies, or GPS if you desire, or Internet access, or gaming for your passengers. Simply the best upgrade, bar none, I've ever done to my car.

BTW: Quiky One - I don't count anymore, but I will say I am always broke and have a decent job.

Thanks! I'll have to take some more pix... Phil likes pix.