File to fit rings or NOT?

ATEAV8GN

IC? Who needs that crap!
Guys,

Motors apart and I need to get some rings for it. I'm leaving it standard for now and I am debating about going with file to fit rings or not. What are ya'll thoughts, are the gains worth the pain-in-the-a$$ factor with these things? Or should I just go with the throw-on-and-go rings? Speed-Pro Plasma moly is what I'm going to be getting, file to fit or not... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

IMO. NO...
I can't grind them any better than the factory. A friend actually cut several too much and had to get new rings..

why moly rings?

when i talked to my machine shop, they said that moly rings are not good for high heat or turbocharged engines because the moly coating will come off with the heat produced. They even called Speed Pro and they said the same thing. What are your thoughts on this?

I say BS... I can't see where a turbo car produces anymore cylinder heat than a blower car or N2O car and that's what we run in all our engines.. But I'm not a Speedpro engineer...

ks

moly's are for any power adder car.

if you use a cast ring they will break.

i would go file fit since your not boring it you can make up for cylinder ware....thats what i did.