Fiero 3800 swap

TypeTOwns

Darth, well i scrapped all thoughs Turbo Camaro plans, they are kind of a waste, the camaro deserves a LS1 V8 so maybe in the future ill have enough to make a full payment on a 2000 Z28.

In the mean while, i have noticed a number of fieros poping up for sale in my area, some which are greatly overpriced, and some which are at a good deal. Just about all of them are kept in wonderful shape. some high high miles, some lower, well what im asking you is, what will it take to swap a new engine and transmission into one of these babys, iv noticed a couple in my area already had swaps, (350 small block), i do not know how well the driveability on on this car, but maybe you can enlighten me or give me an idea about the 3800 swap perhaps a SB350 swap. my neighbor also has one for sale for $1500 bucks (hold told me i could have it for a thousand cause im considered a good friend), its a 2.5 litre, 110k miles. Well, i will be doing some research on the car. I would think this project would be very interesting and fun for me, since you really, after all dont see too many fieros rolling the streets anymore, and so much can be done with the car. i might just have a great time, compared to modifying a v6 in a camaro which should have a v8. :(

RE: Fiero info

I don't know much about the 3800 fireo swap. I do know that the Fieros were being used a lot as the basis fo kit conversions a few years ago...you might check a Kit Cart magazine or two for some background info. I do remember reading somewhere about a 3.8 GN swap into a fiero. www.turbobuicks.com has a section devoted to hybrids, check there too! HTH- Mike

fieros

Hi!
There was a magazine a couple of years ago devoted to Fieros, called The Fiero Connection. If they have survived, maybe they have a website. Check it out.