Fiat just completed buying Chrysler today...The VIPERS dead BUT look at the new Alfa

IEATV8S

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, a VIPER in Eurotrash sheetmetal!

drives-zagato-alfa-romeo-tz3-stradale-img01_gallery_image_large.jpg

drives-zagato-alfa-romeo-tz3-stradale-img02_gallery_image_large.jpg

drives-zagato-alfa-romeo-tz3-stradale-img28_gallery_image_large.jpg

Here's one of the most interesting results yet from the Fiat (Alfa's owner) takeover of Chrysler. The formerly-discontinued Viper's V10 chassis and drivetrain, with some minor modifications, remains basically unchanged, but it gets a beautiful Alfa-designed body and interior (yeah, I know the Alfa grilles can be awkward, but did the company ever actually make an ugly car?)

The good news is, that, yes, it is coming to America. The bad news is that only nine will be built, so don't look for one on every street corner in Camry/Accord numbers.

Pricing, not surprisingly, was not announced in the article....with only nine customers (the first one at Pebble Beach next month), you can rest-assured that it will not have a Hyundai or Kia price.

There is yet another Alfa by Zagato, one officially sanctioned by the manufacturer and very different from any other. It doesn’t employ any Italian mechanicals; rather, it leverages the Fiat-Chrysler marriage to use the last Dodge Viper, specifically the ACR-X with an 8.4-liter V-10 pumping out 640 bhp and 585 lb.-ft. of torque. The front mid-engine/rear-drive layout and 98.9-in. wheelbase remain unchanged.

Certainly, a new exterior on the basis of an existing car represents a compromise, because many parameters and proportions are already predetermined. Still working within the 167.7-in. length, 78.0-in. width and 47.0-in. height, the TZ3 Stradale manages to convey that it is an Alfa Romeo through and through. The Stradale retains its Viper cues in the form of side exhaust tips, but the bodywork is unique including the rear Kammback shape, “double bubble” roof and round taillamps, all prominent Zagato styling cues.

Although not dainty in appearance, this 2-seater is just 3.3 in. shorter than the previous TZ3 Corsa that Zagato introduced at Villa d’Este last year, which was built on a tube-frame Gillet chassis and powered by a 420-bhp 4.2-liter Maserati V-8.

Zagato boasts that the TZ3 Stradale is “the first American Alfa in automotive history.” Insiders have long noted that there are parallels between Viper and Stradale. Both carry a snake on their badges and both have the distinctive double bubble roof. It may not be the last, as Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has said that future Alfas may be based on platforms from the company’s U.S. unit.

But how does the Stradale drive? Just like a Viper. Straightline acceleration is the domain of this quarter-mile hero, as it pushes you back in the seat when floored. The immense torque allows the car to take off even in 4th gear. While the steering could be more precise, additional directional input is available from the throttle. Still, the right pedal should be treated with caution—especially on wet roads: You wouldn’t want to crumple the precious Zagato body.

Hate it or love it, after a drive in this cannonball, we feel the fusion of unbridled American power and Italian grace has its own special appeal. The first of nine to be built will go to a collector during the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August.

Zagato Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale - Zagato Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale First Look on RoadandTrack.com

Now they will go bankrupt for good

Fiat is the biggest junk on the road ask anyone who works on them .. Thats why they left in the 70s nobody would buy one twice .. By by mopar .

Attachments

• IMG00134-20100402-1245.jpg
    IMG00134-20100402-1245.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG00136-20100402-1249.jpg
    IMG00136-20100402-1249.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 144
Damn

Bent just right . Did you see the trunk on that one .. Id buy the girls but pass on the cars ..

Dodge trucks may make it... the rest of their line is, as said, JUNK..And, that Alfa is uglier than my ex wife!

hello; I don't know if Fiats are junk and I havn't seen too many in the states anymore.
But I was told a Ferrari's wiring is the same as a Fiat. This was told to me by a owner of a auto sound and electrical shop. As I was visiting he had a Ferrari in the shop. Fiats are all over Europe and I had my eye on a Alfa while I was visiting. I know I'll never own one but I kinda liked it. It was a Police car in Florance.
IBBY