Few pics from Old Town show

batmansbuick

Superhero
Thanks to Mel Phillips for these, thanks again to all who participated....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 399
Hey guys, unfortunately we don't have the resources or manpower at this point in the year to do the show. For over ten years the three individuals doing all of the work for the show, myself, Eddie Merced and Rocky Spano have family issues with our elderly parents which cut down on the time we have to call vendors, coordinate with Old Town and just work the raffle at the show. I have moved out of Florida but still coordinate the online presence of the club, while Eddie and Rocky are hands on. We are very happy that TR owners from across the state look forward to the show, and DO want it to continue. I expect the show will happen but may be different, a few vendors told us last year they would like to come down and set up tables instead of sending the items for us to promote, we want to possibly do a big 50/50 cash raffle instead of all of the raffle items that many TR owners already have. I think these sort of changes can make the show better. Please post your thoughts, and understand that we appreciate all of your participation over the years.

It would be a shame for this thing to go away--you guys don't know how lucky you are to have such an event. There are probably a total of 10-12 TRs in the city where I live, a lot of them sequestered in the garage, and there just aren't enough of us to have such a cool venue. Hope you are able to keep it going.

I believe I've been to every show and I don't come for the raffles. I think you will get most everyone anyways

I can't wait to relocate to Orlando and be able to come this year.
Now - if only some of the Central FL guys would give me any heads up on places for rent of buy that suit my needs - I'd be there now.
As it is - I'm coming down next week from ATL to scout locations.

nice pics good to see miamis own wayne cole and his 10sec GN that he has been bracket racing for twenty plus years..last time I saw wayne was @ reynolds makin a wheels in the air 10sec pass with his t-top almost goin airbourne on the big end. did not stop him seen his hand grabbed that top and and keep on truckin.back in the pits duct taped the tops down and back to racing he went. a great guy and true buick man.

This is the only event I look forward to every year because I can actually drive my car to it without much hassle. Bowling Green is too far (862 miles)- I know because I've driven my red car there. To get over 50 TRs in one spot is very special. I don't know of any other event in Florida that can bring this many cool cars. We need to make it happen!

Did I see that color Buick in Port Orange Florida a few Sunday mornings ago? I'm not sure what shade of red that is but saw one similar in Volusia County a few weekends ago

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Did I see that color Buick in Port Orange Florida a few Sunday mornings ago? I'm not sure what shade of red that is but saw one similar in Volusia County a few weekends ago

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

While it's nice to have raffles and such, I don't think anyone would hesitate to attend if there was no vendor sponsorship. I appreciate all the extra preparation you organizers have gone through over the years, but if it's a problem this year, just secure a venue and post a date and location here on this forum. You don't have to do much more than that to inform those of us who come every year to attend our fun turbo buick event.

While it's nice to have raffles and such, I don't think anyone would hesitate to attend if there was no vendor sponsorship. I appreciate all the extra preparation you organizers have gone through over the years, but if it's a problem this year, just secure a venue and post a date and location here on this forum. You don't have to do much more than that to inform those of us who come every year to attend our fun turbo buick event.
I agree with this whole-heartedly.