Ferrari 599

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I'm pretty sure it was a 599....it was dark out and it was a dark color (black or deep blue).

This wasn't exactly a kill...but it was a cashing of a reality check for a repeat customer.:D
I was on my way to the grocery store and at an intersection turning onto Santa Margarita Pkwy, I saw it in the left turn lane opposite from me as I turned right....so I slow rolled down SM and waited.

I was cruising at about 35 when he came up on me finally, so as he came alongside I nailed it and got out on him about a length as he got on it...sounded awesome.....and he stayed back there for the 5 or 6 seconds I stayed in it. There was traffic ahead so I had to let out.

He went by me while he was slowing down and as he got in front of me...I see his dealer plates:D
He'll be taking that thing back in the morning, me thinks.

A little further up at a red in traffic I came along his driver side and he yells:
Him: Didn't I race you in my E55 AMG awhile back?
Me: Ya...I remember you....we went at it 3 times up the road a bit.
Him: Ya that was a long tme ago.
Me: You got some nice cars, man!
Him: Sold the AMG...needed more...
Me: Very nice!
Me: I have a new motor in this thing....making a lot more power than the old one.
Him: My engine still wasn't all the way up to temp, so I don't think its making full power.
His cute blonde girlfriend was smiling away from the other seat.

I'm thinking about making a joke about, why is the guy in the Ferrari making excuses for not being able to walk an old Buick...but I let it be and we went our seperate ways.

A little later I made short work of a Mustang GT...
...and....uh.... some little white mini SUV full of high school or college kids ....I think it was Honda Pilot 'er something like that.
Hey...don't judge....we all know I'll race anything and that guy took off from the light and chirped his tires as they went across the cross walk paint....I'm a man of principles...I had to show him what's what. So I nailed it and went around him with the tires howling. At the next light he was behind me and over a couple lanes and the whole little SUV full of passengers started clapping and howling at me with praise...or maybe they were mocking me for picking on a little SUV....but pfffft....I love applause in any form so I turned around, smiled and waved.:D

Great write-up . . . and stop breaking these rich folk hearts . . . :D

Mean - I love these 295 55 15 MT's

I love MT's at the track, but on the street, I'd be going through a set every couple months with the amount of driving I do.

I'll likely go back to Nitto 555r's since they last longer....last set I had lasted almost 8 months.
They are not as sticky as MT's, but they are more wallet (and wife) friendly.;)

How tall are the 295/55/15's?
Much rubbing?

I ran 275/60/15's and they are 28" and I didn't have any problem with rubbing other than when hitting corners agressively enough to cause things to wag back there.

Oooooh...there might have been a witness to my Ferrari kill. Got a PM from one of the local guys that a budy of his witnessed a GN killing a Ferrari a couple weeks back down in my neck of the woods and now he wants to buy a GN.
:D

Oooooh...there might have been a witness to my Ferrari kill. Got a PM from one of the local guys that a budy of his witnessed a GN killing a Ferrari a couple weeks back down in my neck of the woods and now he wants to buy a GN.
:D

Chicken: You are an inspiration to us all. Keep making kills and spreading the news.

E55 to a Ferrari for more power....must be nice! I love my E55 but it's no comparison to my GN :)
Good kill Chicken...thats a worthy addition to any kill-board!

Chicken there used to be a company out of North Carolina that would recap any casing you sent with any compound you want. I can't find my old receipts and can't find them on the web. They built racing recaps and they never came apart. I bought two sets of the bubble gum sticky versions. Traction on the street was unbelievable but they only lasted 1500-2000 miles at $160.00 a set plus shipping on your casings. Too sticky for the track and would chunk out big pieces of rubber there. Awful in the wet too. They were so soft they would not squeal.

If we're gonna talk Ferrari I lost to a 458 by a couple of lengths to 120mph. At the track it would have been different but on the street I just could not generate the traction. He took me out of the hole (traction control) and I very slowly reeled him in to his back fender by 85-90 and then he began to walk away. Talked to him after and he was impressed as no one ever closed the gap and stayed that close.

The 456's are going for pretty reasonable money, I would love to try one.

Mikey

Ya I'd never try to get into a top end race with a Ferrari....they gots long legs...;)
If you find the recap contact info, send it....I might try them out if I can't get some self control first....:D

Hey I beat the magnum PI one at the track lol. It ran great and looks awesome but I know it's a whole different world then the new ones. I have the video but it won't let me load it.

image-1825287002.jpg

I tired that, I think because I have a ipad3 and don't know how to use it. It lets me send it but not load it to places, my son will be home from college I will have him load some, I have the Ferrari , and dodge duster a viper and a couple imports I will have him post they all.