Felpro 1000's (Head Gaskets) on Stock heads?

91Bird305

Would this work fine? I know there for a stage motor but from what someone told me, they will just over hang a little bit but other then that work better then stock and many other aftermarket companies.

They do not work well with the 8 bolt pattern heads. They are for the 14 bolt pattern heads and block. I believe they do not compress properly with the 8 bolt pattern.

Well for the 1000's I was told there would be an over hang but that they would still work with my stock heads and a .020 bore.

1000's

Do NOT use these head gaskets in any case whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have about 10 pairs of these hanging on our shop wall-from customer head gasket jobs....Other shops apparently thought they could call the local auto parts store and order head gaksets... then the cars come here to be done the "right" way.

Use stock 86-7 gaskets, or cometics replace head bolts with ARP, and follow their torquing instructions.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Re: 1000's

Originally posted by Mease Performance
Do NOT use these head gaskets in any case whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have about 10 pairs of these hanging on our shop wall-from customer head gasket jobs....Other shops apparently thought they could call the local auto parts store and order head gaksets... then the cars come here to be done the "right" way.

Use stock 86-7 gaskets, or cometics replace head bolts with ARP, and follow their torquing instructions.

Hope that helps.:cool:

What he said!
I wouldn't even use the 1000's on my stage motor. There are better alternatives.

alright, thanks a lot guys. I will just go with the stock gaskets w/ arp studs. I appreciate the help getting me back on course. :) I just want to do this engine right this first time ya know? :D

You could use the Felpro 9441 PT. Thats the Felpro version of the stock gasket. Many have reported excellent results with it.

Originally posted by 91Bird305
alright, thanks a lot guys. I will just go with the stock gaskets w/ arp studs. I appreciate the help getting me back on course. :) I just want to do this engine right this first time ya know? :D

Studs? stock gaskets... Smooth move! The headstuds are expensive, but they are well worth having to tear down the motor again....because a bolt failed, we've had good luck with bolts too (actually excellent luck) but there is no match for the studs...and ARP even thought about us and broached a hex keyway in the top for easy removal in the car!:cool:

Good luck with your new buick, and just remember....dont listen to one persons reccomendations (because we have all made mistakes) but everyones words...and you will end up having very good luck! After 10-12 years of building buicks....1/2 dozen broken blocks later...cranks in 3 pieces, broken timing chains, etc...that stuff is liable to learn ya something! and give you nice parts to make coffee table stands with!:D :eek: ;)

Originally posted by Scott Atk
You could use the Felpro 9441 PT. Thats the Felpro version of the stock gasket. Many have reported excellent results with it.

Yes I've heard good and bad....but remember, why change something that works!:cool: In order to be the next guinea pig for Fel Pro:)

fel pro 1000

fel pro 1000 , i have used them for eight years on my stage motors under 4,00 bore, and i never have blowed one i have a indy block that was o ringed for the 1000 gasket. when i got the complete engine from jim wright [ brayton racing] it had fel pro 1000 gaskets on it, so i guess they worked for indy cars, jim give me serval sets of felpro gaskets. another engine that i have has a 4,010 bore i use felpro 1026 in it , it is not o ringed, no problem so far, i built my son a stock engine with ported heads i had the heads o ringed for fel pro 1000 gaskets he run it for four years a lot of street miles it was a 11,20 car, he leaned it out and burnt a piston using the wrong chip, blowed out oil on the down pipe and burnt the gn at the buick nats this year, but the fel pro 1000 gasket didnt blow, but what works for some people dont work for others, if anyone has any unused felpro 1000 gaskets i would like to buy them for 10,00 each, just my opinion but what the h,, im 64 years old, and never to old to learn,:cool:

Gaskets

If you have more gaskets than OC can handle, I/ll take them. 1000 or 1026 or both. You guys must be doing something wrong because I have had NO PROBLEMS using 1000 or 1026. Have used the 1000 on production blocks and the 1026 on stage eng. all with production iron heads. Both ways --o-ringed heads and o-ringed block. Never had a head gasket failure!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/202279227/204945885FtjwmI

Here is one set that came out of a car brought to us this way, huffing a gallon of antfreeze out the tailpipe every 5 minutes. When we recieved it the guy was running about 9-10 # boost, and 18 degrees of timing on pump gas, needless to say we havent had very good luck with them, but hey, I'm only 25...never too old to learn! (lol) I just dont want to be the one to learn this lesson more than 11-12 times on a dozen vehicles. We have NEVER had good luck with these gaskets on stock blocks, 4.1 stock blocks, nor the stage II motors. But thats just me;)

Re: fel pro 1000

Originally posted by odell4o8
fel pro 1000 , i have used them for eight years on my stage motors under 4,00 bore, and i never have blowed one i have a indy block that was o ringed for the 1000 gasket. when i got the complete engine from jim wright [ brayton racing] it had fel pro 1000 gaskets on it, so i guess they worked for indy cars, jim give me serval sets of felpro gaskets. another engine that i have has a 4,010 bore i use felpro 1026 in it , it is not o ringed, no problem so far, i built my son a stock engine with ported heads i had the heads o ringed for fel pro 1000 gaskets he run it for four years a lot of street miles it was a 11,20 car, he leaned it out and burnt a piston using the wrong chip, blowed out oil on the down pipe and burnt the gn at the buick nats this year, but the fel pro 1000 gasket didnt blow, but what works for some people dont work for others, if anyone has any unused felpro 1000 gaskets i would like to buy them for 10,00 each, just my opinion but what the h,, im 64 years old, and never to old to learn,:cool:

Hey found a set....$20 a set you pay shippin, send email to: V6TURBOHP@comcast.net NOT a problem;) :cool: (I'm serious)

felpro 1000 gaskets,

Mease. i sent two e-mail to the person or persons regarding felpro gaskets, no response, guess they dont have any, thanks anyway, oc,:confused: