Fellow Buick owner planning a visit

charlie

Hello,

As a fellow Buick owner, I was hoping you could assist with an upcoming visit planned for Oct of this year.

I am looking for some local insights on where to stay and what to see. If you could please PM me I would love the opportunity to learn from you prior to our visit.

Many thanks,

Kelli Cox

Most of them

2 nights Oahu, 4 nights in Kauai, 3 Big and 5 Maui. Well that's the plan right now. Oct 1-16 +/-.

Thanks,

2 nights Oahu, 4 nights in Kauai, 3 Big and 5 Maui. Well that's the plan right now. Oct 1-16 +/-.

Thanks,
Hi Kelli,
Is this your first time to Hawaii? Are you planing to do allot of sightseeing or beach time? If sightseeing You might want to do 2 nights Kauai, 4 nights Oahu, 4 nights Maui, 4 nights Big island ( 2 nights in Hilo, 2 nights in Kona saves backtracking) Wish you had more days here because you'll lose 1 day every time you move to another island. You might want to do 2 or 3 islands this time. And Enjoy a slower pace. And have some beach time.

Aloha,
Guy

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. First time visiting and might be only one is why I thought to visit 4 islands. Food for thought however. Mainly touring, kayaking and little hiking. (not so much beach)

Like off beat places and is why considered Kauai over Oahu , but what do I know.
I was thinking less in Maui and more on the Big Island - thanks for that suggestion.got one thing determined....

Guess can't really go wrong. I'm sure I'll miss doing something but can't go for more than 15 days.

Where is the best authentic island luau, is their some islands better than others in this area?

Again thank you for your reply.

Kelli

Oahu:
The Polynesian cultural center has the best luau. It's kind of far. Unless your staying on the north shore.
Polynesian Cultural Center Official Site - Best Hawaii Luaus

Swim with the sharks.
Hawaii Shark Encounters Tours

Just went para-sailing a few days ago. They also have jet skis and the screamer.
https://www.xtremeparasail.com/

If you liked the show "Lost"
LOST TOUR LOCATIONS, LOST, HAWAII, OAHU, TOUR, HUMMER, TOURS, LOST TOURS, KOS

Maui:
The old Lahaina Luau is the best.
Maui Luaus, Old Lahaina Maui Luau | Official Website
These are the two most authentic luaus you can find. The hotel luaus may be fun but they are more for typical tourist.

If you rent a car. Driving to Hana is quite an experience. Or they have tours.
The Road to Hana Maui | Best Spots, Tips, Video, & Photos of Hana Road

If the weather permits. Watching the sunrise on the summit of Haleakala is cool. Don't be fooled. It may be Hawaii but the temperature is around freezing. It does snow once in a while. Yes, snow.
Sunrise at Haleakala - A Guide to Visiting Haleakala on Maui for Sunrise

Check out Paia Town. It's a cool little hippie surfer town.
Paia: Maui's Coolest Little Town!: Home

If you plan on being on Maui during Halloween. You have to check out Halloween in Lahaina. It is like Marti Gras. They close down the main drag and people just bar hop.
Hawaiian Halloween in Lahaina | Front Street Maui Madness

Zip lining is cool. There are many. This is just an example.
Maui Zipline Tours with Skyline Eco Adventures on Hawaii, Tennessee Zip Lines

Helicopter tours are fun. Expensive but a once in a lifetime view. I am a Naval Aircrewman so we fly around to all the islands sight seeing for free. But I would take my family on a tour.
Helicopter Tours in Maui | All Maui Tours

Big Island:
Gotta check out the volcano.
Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Volcano Tours!

Sorry could not think of more stuff. I put a lot of stuff to do on Maui since that is were I grew up. Peace out.