Feeler thread '86 T-top

mikes86ttop

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hey guys I've been in a tough spot for a while now, as life goes..Anyway I've been renting a shop with a friend things have been slow. Recently I've been offerd a job that seems like it would be worth taking but if this dosent work out the GN would sadly have to go. So I'm not even sure where to start with a price but its been totally painted, nose off ,doors off all jams painted, the drive train is suppose to have 30k on it who knows? But its really a good running car with minor bolt ons, the only thing it needs to be perfect in my eyes is the interior mainly seat covers...but I'm sure ill have to post a price, so a feeler of $11-11,500 if I'm way off guys let me know, also anyone want to know specifics just ask located in RI everything done to car is in Sig....thanks Mike

Pics
IMAG0737.jpg
IMAG0737.jpg
IMAG0964.jpg
IMAG0944.jpg
IMAG0944.jpg
IMAG0695.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0770.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Please talk a bit more about the car what are the mods? Does the a/c work where is the car located?

Located in RI, a/c is not hooked up though I do have two compressors and two sets of lines, everything the car has done to it is in my signature, I bought the car with a blown motor and replaced it with a stock 30k mile drivetrain which was taken out of a rear ended '87 in the early 90's then I put everything on it in sig....thanks Mike

Yes - way off.

I'll offer you 500 bucks - Since I had to deduct something for that 87 grill. :D
You probably went with the ole "Buick Grand National - No Room for Chrome" mantra.

Judging by the 10 footer pics, it looks like a nice car.
Can't tell much from the interior pic what the seats look like but that's hardly a big deal.
The paint looks sharp though - and that's a big thing.
And some decent upgrades - the GNX dash, decent start on the engine mods.

Sounds bout right to me.

I would like to see some pictures of the T tops off where they are prone to rusting behind the windshield. I have not seen one yet that does not need repaired. You will need to remove the front trim panel in order to really see if there is rust started and how bad it could be. It's a common problem with the T tops.

The grill was on it when I bought it, the rear seat has some dry rot on the top edge and the pass seat back also has a one spot near the headrest ill grab some pics, as for the t-top area there was zero rust to begin with only a couple small surface spots, all trim was removed when painted and also all weather stripping was replaced, ttops, doors, dew sweeps, and trunk. The last time this car was wet was when it was wetsanded, about two years ago, I've never even pulled it out of the garage in the rain let alone drive it on wet roads since repaint. If you want pics I can grab a couple...thanks Mike

Is the title clean and can u plz post more pics? is there any rust on the floor broads? and would u b willing to ship ?

Clean title, I carfaxed it when I bought it, I believe I'm the third owner, the floors are clean and solid inside, with very little rust mainly around seams underneath, ill work on getting more pics...Mike