Feb 15th, track??

ET streets or BFG's drag radials..not sure yet, regardless im going to be looking for mph, traction is only as good as the track prep is.

Alex

I should be there. I won't be in the GN though. Probably be with my brother in his 97 SS Camaro vert.

I was up there for a little while last night before it got rain out..the track looked good. It was really packed though, can't remember the last time i seen that many people up there on a test and tune night. I'm going to be up there, early on friday.(probably 5:15-5:30 @ the gate.) I wanna get atleast 3-4 runs.

Alex

Thats old...

First off the price to watch is still 10, but to race its 15, and they have always gave out timeslips on friday. I think that is just really old and out dated.

Alex

15 bucks to race is really a kick on the ass! It better be worth it. A buddy of mine as out their on wed. was only able to run once. He said it was hooking better then ever. Then again his Impala only does 1.90- 1.98 60's at best on DR's.

Well It looks like it might get rained out again tonite. Their was 40% chance of rain on weds as of 5 pm. I just called right now and their's a 25 % chance as of 1 pm. I really don't want to take the chance of making the trip for nothing. I mean, I wasn't even going to race, just record some of you guys.

What do you say we leave it for next Friday?

I'm going to go, im just going to call before i go up, and watch the radar from my house on the weather channel to make my own call on the weather. It is suppose to be cool, and clearing tonight so, I think it will be worth the trip to race, maybe not to watch. If you want, you can call me @954-464-4723 to get a first hand weather report from the track, ill probably be up there as early as 5:00.

Alex

It was great to see you all there. Sorry I missed you, Roy and Laz. You should have come up Jorge!

It did rain somewhat on the way up there, and traffic was a bear, but it was clear at the track.

Funny thing was, all us guys planned on going up there, and Tony was the only one who run. Although the wife and I left at 11 and we hadn't seen tony run yet. There was prolly 100 cars in front of Tony when we left. How did you run bud?

Both Alex and I had our PM's die. I am converting to vacuum tomorrow. Can't wait...Pep boys has the master cylinder and vacuum boster for $130 for the set. yeehaw!

Next Friday is the club meet at towers, so maybe we can plan on another track night for March 1st.

I had a rather interesting drive home last night using the e-brake to stop the car, but got it home in one piece. Im going to stay with the power master and get a rebuild. As for the another track day, after seeing how packed it was, ill be strictly spectating on a normal test & tune nights. Only time my car will actually see the track to race, will be a track rental. That place was a ZOOOOOO last night, and i have a feeling with the cops cracking down on the street schene it is going to get worse.:(

Alex

track day

Track day sounds good. Count me in. I am sure Brad L and Tony will be in too. I will check with the other Brad and see if one is do-able.

Wow! That sh!t was packed last night. I saw Tony and met Jose (Blackout Drive) who at the time (I'd say about 9:30) HADN'T RAN A SINGLE TIME YET!(both of them) It was so packed! Sh!t when I saw Tony, he was lined up on the sportsmans side ALL THE WAY BEHIND THE TRAPS! That had to suck so much.

Shawn, I was with Laz and Roy (and My G/F ofcoarse) on the other side of the tower. I looked for you after Tony told me where you were but couldn't find you. Laz had told me what happened to you and Alex with the Power Master. Thank god I have the vacume brakes on my car. It's good to know that both of you guys made it home safe and in one piece. Damn, I was looking forward to seeing you guys run, specialy Alex with the 411 hp moster!

Tony, what happened? I have your burn out on video but the camera ran out of batery close to the end of your (Turbojorge coughs) .77 pass:D

Nothing really fast as far as the sportsman category goes. I think their were a couple of lightnings in the high 12 s', No mustangs were in the 12's, all the camaros I saw were cowing down the track barely hitting the 13's, and even the vetts were in the 13's. (at about 110 mph :eek: ) Hopefully, My new cam should be in by next weekend, and the car should be ready to tune and run some mid - high 12's @ 20 psi By March 1st.
March 1st should be good for me.

I'm thinking about starting on friday with taking apart the motor to put in the cam so I don't think I'll be able to make it to the towers this friday.

so I don't think I'll be able to make it to the towers this friday

you have to come on the 22nd.

That will be our first "official, real meeting". We will be having an honest to goodnees real meeting at 8 to discuss the direction of the club and all of our many upcoming events.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Damn TREE SAP, friggin slowed me down. Nice to know you got my burn out on tape though. I want it we are goinf to edit it that wy it can go up on my website.

Well, as far as my run it really sucked!!! 14.7 But I spanked the Stang next to me so that was cool. Problems noticed, I got a bunch O' knock off the line and through the run had to feather my throttle down the strip. Could be because I did not have enough octane. Also, since the car was at Rick's throughout the week I forgot how much gas was in the tank and did a run with almost 3/4 of a tank. My boost gauge was not connected had to rely on the factory one which of course we know SUX!!!! Anyway, I was still ok with my run gotta figure out what to do to make it better. But hey, at least I still got my POWER MASTER!!!! Shawn let me know how the vacum conversion went. Well, I will talk to you all later and hope ta see you all on FRI...

C'ya
Tony