Fear runs 8.75@160@AFSC 5/2/09

Quint

Well, 2 things, I ran my best time, but got beat by a mustang in doing it:biggrin: . Anyway, this was last night in the "Outlaw" class. Lots of fast cars and not all of them make it to the end, so it can be real good sometimes. Jan and I just put on the new 325's M/T radials and didnt really have time to tune car in with these tires. Our first run, was only leaving at 6.8 #'s:confused: , and it still didnt hook. We spun, I let out, I bogged and ran 11.20 at 145 or something. Next run, I dropped tire pressure down from 15#'s ti 13#'s and car seemed to like it, it tried to stick, but lost traction, I think due to not enough launch RPM this time, we ran 10.5 at150, with a 1.77 60 ft. Well next run was the first round eliminations and I get the 2nd fastest kid of the nigh running 8.77's to 8.81's on slicks in a older Mustang Capri with stages of nitrous. He is known for consistent times and deadly trees. So, I figured, ok we are going to lose. Track wasnt holding well for stock suspension cars on radials this night, so what ever. Jan raised 2 step 300 rpms, keep tire pressure at 13#'s and since Altitude was up a little higher, push boost up on the last 3 stages to 26 or so #'s, once car is hopefully sticking. Well, He hole shot me good with a .042 light to my .430 light, and grabbed 3 or so cars on me right out of the gate. His 60 ft was 1.29 to my 1.328 and we where off. Our 1/8 miles where his 5.625 to my 5.681, but my MPH was 127+ to his 123 and I was reeling him in. By the time we got the finish line, he had me by a few feet, with a 8.81@154 to my 8.75@160. Closest race of the night and the funnest I have been in. the 2nd vid is when we tried raising boost back up just to a measly 10#:confused: Track, nor tires liked it. We need slicks to really get more consistent and be able to leave with more power, at least until we get some adjustable suspension, since everything I have is cheap, non adjustable stuff. Still working things out, feel good about better weather, track and much better et's soon. Thanks Jan and Big Scott@Extreem Motor sports for the help!

YouTube - Fear AZ FSC

Congrats on the new best pass Quint! Looks like 8.50's are right around the corner when you get the suspension sorted out and can come out on more boost.

BTW, Thanks for sharing the vid!:) :cool:

Congrats, I knew you would get there.
Get the suspension on there and update your signature please.

Thanks guys and John, your right on the suspension. It would make the car more consistant and quicker!

Congrats Brother!!!

I got your message and sorry I missed your call (@ 1:30 am Central Time) but I was asleep like most normal people......... Not saying I'm normal, But I had my kiddos this weekend :biggrin:

AWESOME JOB!!! I can't wait to get home and check out the vid on youtube. (damn work firewall) :confused:

Holla atcha later,

CC

Let off the foot brake before you release the t-brake and I bet you'd gain a tenth:biggrin: I saw brake lights 60 ft out???

scott wile

Let off the foot brake before you release the t-brake and I bet you'd gain a tenth:biggrin: I saw brake lights 60 ft out???

scott wile

Its not the foot brake, no brake switch in car, there is a wierd short in the tailight harness that cuts out the tailights on a pass, lights should be on the whole pass. Thanks for the tip anyway.:smile:

Its not the foot brake, no brake switch in car, there is a wierd short in the tailight harness that cuts out the tailights on a pass, lights should be on the whole pass. Thanks for the tip anyway.:smile:

No tip, just a little sacasm :smile:

Guys, thanks for the words. I would love to be at the Mustang / Buick race in Noble this year, should budget allow of course. I will need to get with Jan and check dates. When is that race anyways? Chris, I will try you this week brother, yea I know it was late, but we where having a great time and I forgot what time I was calling ya:)