FBI grand nationals

dognut

I have heard many times that the FBI used GN'S during the 1980s.. Does anyone know if this is correct,& what years were used & is there any way to identify those cars. Thanks, tom

i hear it wasent gn it was GNX's that they used... and i have no clue would be nice to see and know the vin #'s they had.

I dont know about FBI cars but I have paperwork showing that my car was originally owned by the DEA in Miami I suppose for an undercover car. Nothing different about the car from what I know of, It was modified when I got the car from the second owner but I assume it was just a stock GN from the factory like everyone else's car.

and were are these gnx's now. totally off the subject a car fax on mine shows it comes from tx. bought 09/19/1985 with 10 miles on it. and im the second owner. its amazing what car fax shows. i wonder if it shows on the gnx's mentioned that they are government cars...

My government owned car was just a GN and was never titled or registered until it had 78,000 miles on the car and the DEA sold it.

wow so was it reged as a used car or a new car... never titled here in my dealership is a new car. interested in nowing that. but then again uncle sam can do what ever they want with anything they want.

...and the FBI fable returns...
:biggrin:

OK...I wanna play....I heard they were twin turbo'd big blocks with double superchargers...and they were called GNXtra's:biggrin:

Here in CT back in the late 80's/early 90's the state police used them as interceptors on the highway...

we had several astro roof gnx's that were used as chase vehicles for F-16's. The had to be astro roofs incase the landing gear hung up... we could sit on the roof and pull down the stuck gear.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again....back in 1987 when my Dad and I picked up his two 1987 Grand Nationals at Temple Buick on Pickett Street, in Alexandria, Virginia, I looked over at the big storage lot across the street....saw row after row of brand new 1987 Grand Nationals all behind a big, long, locked chain link fence. The fence is still there today.

I asked the big shot there at the dealers if I could go look at them and why so many?

He said "No, you can't go look at them....they are awaiting pick-up by the FBI in Washington. Sorry." I said "You're kidding." He said, "Not kidding, they all were ordered for the FBI as chase cars."

True story....that's all I can say....it happened and I have no reason to make this up at all. Just a fantastic sight to see all those black Grand Nationals at once.

So now you know that your tax dollars were being put to good use. I couldn't think of a better car for the FBI to use, or even for our local police....that would have been slick. Good thing our local police didn't have GNs, or I wouldn't have been able to outrun them.....:D:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again....back in 1987 when my Dad and I picked up his two 1987 Grand Nationals at Temple Buick on Pickett Street, in Alexandria, Virginia, I looked over at the big storage lot across the street....saw row after row of brand new 1987 Grand Nationals all behind a big, long, locked chain link fence. The fence is still there today.

I asked the big shot there at the dealers if I could go look at them and why so many?

He said "No, you can't go look at them....they are awaiting pick-up by the FBI in Washington. Sorry." I said "You're kidding." He said, "Not kidding, they all were ordered for the FBI as chase cars."

True story....that's all I can say....it happened and I have no reason to make this up at all. Just a fantastic sight to see all those black Grand Nationals at once.

So now you know that your tax dollars were being put to good use. I couldn't think of a better car for the FBI to use, or even for our local police....that would have been slick. Good thing our local police didn't have GNs, or I wouldn't have been able to outrun them.....:D:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Cool :cool:

Yep, Boys Scout's Honor.....but I was kicked out of the Boys Scouts for eating brownies.......:rolleyes::tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Ah, John, I thought I saw you in the tent next to the brownie tent I was visiting....you got caught, too?:biggrin:

Needless to say, I DID earn my Brownie Merit Badge.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Ah, John, I thought I saw you in the tent next to the brownie tent I was visiting....you got caught, too?:biggrin:

Needless to say, I DID earn my Brownie Merit Badge.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I moved on to Little Debbie... she has a lot of snacks :D