FBI grand nationals

So some of the "evidence" (car lots spotted by eyewitnesses and "verbally confirmed by car sales men:rolleyes:; and swap market dash clusters with handwritten:rolleyes: labels on them, and guys who work for the FBI showing up to have their chips burned) is compelling....but...I'll reserve my right to be a non-believer until I see actual documentation....titles....something from Buick or GM...that says the FBI bought 50 of them (I think that's the number from the rumor mill that gets kicked around).

I could understand the DEA or even the FBI having a few for undercover use...they keep cars that they impound from criminals all the time...and we all know that the gangsta element loves these cars...that's why they steel them all the time and then DONK them...

Not calling anyone a liar....if folks have seen them, then they have seen them....Just sayin....I need some real proof...

You know, ol' buddy..if I knew back in 1987 that you needed "real proof" of what I "saw, and verbally confirmed by car salesman" I would have gladly, and I mean glady gotten the "proof" for you back then....I know what I saw, I know what I heard....I have no reason to make up the story,and personally I couldn't give a mouse's ass who does or does not believe me, it makes no difference to me at all, not at all. I'm not trying to "prove" anything at all here, just what really DID HAPPEN at the time in May of 1987.

I did plan on going home and getting my camera to take a picture of the so called FBI Grand Nationals in the lot, but went back to work after helping Dad drive home his two '87 Grand Nationals and then it just slipped my mind....at the time I had no idea that the Grand Nationals would generate such great attention today as I foolishly did believe that fast cars would always be around. How wrong I was.

With you being so skeptical, well, I don't blame you, but you have to ask yourself "What point would it be for Brucie to make up such a story at all like this if it DIDN'T happen?" I was THERE, I SAW them, I HEARD the salesman.....end of story. No one will ever convince me different. That's the name of that game, sport.:biggrin:

Get my drift?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce

My second car came from a leo auction and it had lights under the grill and strobbing tail lamps ,a southern whaler 100 watt system and the switches to operate them . Ive seen secret service cars also both t-types and gns so i know your not making anything up .its just on this site without pics you need a note from the feds to prove it .. But ive never seen a gnx as a leo car but i could be wrong .one day we might find out the truth on that .. Maybe x-ray could chime in .. Ive heard a story about a black curtain at asc and behind that curtain they did some leo cars but could just have been pulling my leg so to speak ..

Maybe alittle off the topic but in years passed I have been to some state run auctions and seen some of my parts on drug confiscated cars.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Probably one of the most popular cars police used and has a decent following is the Mustang notchbacks that Georgia and Florida state cops used in the late 1980s, early 1990s....

Go to a huge Mustang event and you can see a bunch of them.

Ex cop cars and the like usually have some nice upgrades suspension wise etc.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My second car came from a leo auction and it had lights under the grill and strobbing tail lamps ,a southern whaler 100 watt system and the switches to operate them . Ive seen secret service cars also both t-types and gns so i know your not making anything up .its just on this site without pics you need a note from the feds to prove it .. But ive never seen a gnx as a leo car but i could be wrong .one day we might find out the truth on that .. Maybe x-ray could chime in .. Ive heard a story about a black curtain at asc and behind that curtain they did some leo cars but could just have been pulling my leg so to speak ..

Oil man, cool.:cool: That's so neat to have seen those cars. So, you have a type of proof there,no reason to make that up...I sure believe you. But, I didn't say the FBI cars were GNXs at all, they were just black Grand Nationals in that lot, all waiting for FBI Goverment pick-up....GNX wasn't even mentioned at the dealers....matter of fact, years later when I asked Dad why didn't he order two GNXs and he told me he wasn't even aware that they existed, and if he was aware he would have ordered two instead of the two new '87 Grand Nationals.

From where I was viewing the cars was from inside the dealer showroom glass, plus I was standing outside across the street from them...they looked liked Grand Nationals,row after row of them, no GNX emblem on the backs at all. Where did you hear they were GNXs? I thought all 547 were documented and accounted for. And when I went to FBI Headquarters to get fingerprinted, photoed for my top secret clearance (Department of Defense job) they wouldn't tell me anything...whoops, wait, I went there back in '68 for that clearance...sorry, no Grand National then and no documents. I'm sure the FBI wouldn't give me a damn thing.

My next door neighbor, an FBI profiler, tells me very, very little about that place. He's so discrete and holds back so much when I ask him questions...can't get anything out of him at all except about guns, carrying, etc. Other than that he's a typical FBI guy...no information given at all...if THIS good friend of mine won't reveal anything, you can bet your butt that if I called the FBI on the Grand National buy, they'll probably refer me to Tony Soprano!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Maybe alittle off the topic but in years passed I have been to some state run auctions and seen some of my parts on drug confiscated cars.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Probably one of the most popular cars police used and has a decent following is the Mustang notchbacks that Georgia and Florida state cops used in the late 1980s, early 1990s....

Go to a huge Mustang event and you can see a bunch of them.

Ex cop cars and the like usually have some nice upgrades suspension wise etc.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, you're such a cool and efficent businessman who sells top quality stuff, plus honest as all get out, I wouldn't be at all suprised to see some of your parts on the
SpaceShuttle! I've worked on one and didn't see any Kirban parts at the time back in '85 but maybe I just didn't look hard enough!:biggrin::tongue:

You know, ol' buddy..if I knew back in 1987 that you needed "real proof" of what I "saw, and verbally confirmed by car salesman" I would have gladly, and I mean glady gotten the "proof" for you back then....I know what I saw, I know what I heard....I have no reason to make up the story,and personally I couldn't give a mouse's ass who does or does not believe me, it makes no difference to me at all, not at all. I'm not trying to "prove" anything at all here, just what really DID HAPPEN at the time in May of 1987.

I did plan on going home and getting my camera to take a picture of the so called FBI Grand Nationals in the lot, but went back to work after helping Dad drive home his two '87 Grand Nationals and then it just slipped my mind....at the time I had no idea that the Grand Nationals would generate such great attention today as I foolishly did believe that fast cars would always be around. How wrong I was.

With you being so skeptical, well, I don't blame you, but you have to ask yourself "What point would it be for Brucie to make up such a story at all like this if it DIDN'T happen?" I was THERE, I SAW them, I HEARD the salesman.....end of story. No one will ever convince me different. That's the name of that game, sport.:biggrin:

Get my drift?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Relaaaaaaaax:biggrin:
In that same post, I said I wasn't calling anyone a liar...

Think of my perspective this way....would you pay some guy a bunch of extra coin just becasue he told you he had one of the mysterious FBI Grand Nationals, but had no documentation to show for it?

I was in Palm Springs awhile back. Driving through town I saw a GNX on a classic car lot for sale. I stopped and took some pix of it and the sales man came out and gave me a pitch on it...he even said it was once owned by the FBI. I asked him for documentation so he walks me inside. After a few minutes of fumbing around, he said he'd have to sheck with the owner (it was a co-op sale).:rolleyes:
All I was getting at in my previus post was that I'd personally want to see documentation on a car before I bought the story about it.

...people can and will clone anyting these days if it'll earn them another buck...so buyer beware on anything of collector value.....

I'm relaaaaaaaxed!:wink: No problem.

I see and understand your point perfectly well. Very good sense.

I also agree with all of your points....I wouldn't buy a car like you saw either. We just don't know now days.

I can see your point on documentation is so important if one was to sell a GN as an FBI car....I wouldn't know how to prove it was one myself.

I just told what I saw and heard on that day....and thought I'd share it here. It also made me think of my late Dad and kind of made me sad....it'll be five years ago this April 20 that I lost him to cancer....I owe it all to my wild and crazy ol' Dad for introducing me to the Buick Grand National...I just love him so much for it, well, I still just love him so much anyway. Sometimes it's so hard looking at his ol' GN in my garage, really hard. Still finding old cigarette wrappers, beer stains, what have you. I can see him sometimes (my imagination, of course) sitting in the driver's seat with that big sh** eating grin on his face after blowing the doors off of some poor sap on the road! He had but one speed in that car...floorboard speed!! That was to be expected, an ol' ex B-25 pilot. Slowing him down was impossible...but cancer did it, sadly. But we all must go forward...part of life. Hey!! I'm really getting into the lecture circuit....cut!!!!!!!

Guess we'll never find out the FBI story on the Grand Nationals. Maybe someday someone will leak out this valuable information. In the mean time, we'll all have to wait and trade stories about them.:wink:

You're a good guy, Mean Chicken, I don't care what Shane says:tongue: You my friend, I your friend!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back atchya, Bruce.
...and don't worry about what Shane said...I've probably heard worse...:rolleyes:
...but...what did he say:confused:
;)

Sorry about the loss of your dad. Sounds like a good man.

Little known fact....I'm actually a cancer survivor...had a malignant Melanoma (Clarks stage 3) on my neck. Had it gone stage 4...I'd likely not be here posting in the kill section....I'd have been killed....

Back atchya, Bruce.
...and don't worry about what Shane said...I've probably heard worse...:rolleyes:
...but...what did he say:confused:
;)

Sorry about the loss of your dad. Sounds like a good man.

Little known fact....I'm actually a cancer survivor...had a malignant Melanoma (Clarks stage 3) on my neck. Had it gone stage 4...I'd likely not be here posting in the kill section....I'd have been killed....

Shane didn't say anything...it's an old office joke from back in the day.:D

Thank you for what you said about Dad. Very much.

You are so fortune to have beaten this terrible disease. Wonderful you got if at stage 3. Scary to hear. Glad you made it.

With this in mind, mind if I ask you something? From the looks of the backs of my ill Mom's hands, there seems to be melanoma on them...patches of black, pink spots, irregular borders, looks awful. From what I've seen of melanoma pictures it looks to be an exact match.

What bothers me so much and so frustrating (which keeps me up at nights a lot) is I can't get her to see a doctor, go to the hospital...nothing. She will not budge. We drive all the way up to her house and all she does is lay in bed, all day, all night, will not move. The patches on the backs of her hands are horrifying to look at...I'm afraid it is melanoma, but offering to take her to the doctors, dermatologist gets me nowhere. I keep telling her that I'm trying to save her life...she says "I know." That's it. I've beaten myself raw trying to help my Mom and getting nowhere. I just don't know what to do...any ideas?

I feel such a failure to be able to achieve any actions towards her survival, as any son should be able to help his Mom no matter what. If I loose her to melanoma because I didn't do anything, I'll never be able to live with myself. Something has to be done!

I'm very, very scared and upset and have been for quite a while...she's 87. We are going up to be with her next week for the day and also for Easter...but once again, I'm faced with another failure to help her.

Any suggestions?

Again, I'm real glad you beat that damn cancer....hat's off to you. What did you have done to beat it? I'd love to hear and it would be educating to me also.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Wow...if it's Melanoma, then once it's in the blood and lymph system, there won't be anything you can do. Melanoma is the most agressively spreading cancer there is.

The one that was on my neck grew in a matter of a few months...I was 22 years old at the time (25 years ago). It finally started to bleed when I'd shower or shave so I went in just cuz it was a bother to deal with every morning.
As soon as the doc saw it, he had me scheduled for an excision 2 days later.
Biopsy came back positive stage 3 so they had me back in 5 days later for re-excision and to remove some of the underlying tissue to make sure plenty of margin tissue was removed. Fortunately it had not reached my lymph nodes or I would have been done...not too many people survive stage 4...only 5%...and they are typically mamed from the surgery. Doc estimated i was about a month or two or less away from it going stage 4.

At your moms age, she probably won't change her mind figuring she's had a long happy life and just wants God to take her since her husband has already gone (my Grandmother went through this after my grandfather passed). I'm no doctor, but if she's had the spots for years...I doubt it's melanoma. Like I said...Melanoma is FAST!

Maybe you could get the doc to come to her...?
...or get some good high resolution pix to the doc for a remote analysis...?

Thanks for sharing your story...now that was pretty interesting....you really came close to wiping out your "Bucket List.":D Really close. Such an interesting story....I never get to hear first hand things like this too much.

Yeah, now that you have mentioned it from experience, Mom has had those black patches for quite a while, maybe for about a year or so....I didn't know melanoma was so fast acting, so now you have instilled into me some hope. That was real good to know. Something positive to focus on now for me.

And you really helped me with the great idea of taking some high resolution photos and taking them to the doctors....I'll have to say that's a GREAT idea and that's exactly what I'm going to do when I go visit her. Man, I just can't thank you enough for this idea...I'm so happy about it if you were standing right here I'd kiss you on the cheek (I'm far from gay) I just can't say thank you enough for this idea.....but, THANKS.....that is brilliant!!!!:biggrin:

Now I've got some positive things to do to try and help Mom, thanks to you, so I feel a hell of a lot better now.

I sure hope you'll go through the rest of the day/week knowing you've really help a fellow man.

From the heart....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT SUGGESTION!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

You helped out greatly, it was a good idea....I'll let you know how it plays out.

Again, thank you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

PS: I don't think I could have kissed you on the cheek, I was just overjoyed at the moment of a possible solution to helping Mom....a handshake would have been the thing to do. I only kiss women and it better be my wife.....she's watching me type this so....I must say the right thing here or get killed:rolleyes:

You helped out greatly, it was a good idea....I'll let you know how it plays out.

Again, thank you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

PS: I don't think I could have kissed you on the cheek, I was just overjoyed at the moment of a possible solution to helping Mom....a handshake would have been the thing to do. I only kiss women and it better be my wife.....she's watching me type this so....I must say the right thing here or get killed:rolleyes:

Ya....hi and a handshake was all you were gonna get, buddy.:D

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/263072-fbi-law-enforcement-grand-nationals-gnxs.html
The car referred to in this article that was in the book, belong to 2 friends of mine, the last owner (Buddy Mitchell) is now deceased but he sold the car several years before he passed away. It was an FBI car and he had papers proving it was a government vehicle. On page 3 I think of that thread you see him and the car with Kirban and another friend of mine during the '93 or '94 Buick Nationals in Bowling Green KY.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/263072-fbi-law-enforcement-grand-nationals-gnxs.html
The car referred to in this article that was in the book, belong to 2 friends of mine, the last owner (Buddy Mitchell) is now deceased but he sold the car several years before he passed away. It was an FBI car and he had papers proving it was a government vehicle. On page 3 I think of that thread you see him and the car with Kirban and another friend of mine during the '93 or '94 Buick Nationals in Bowling Green KY.

Interesting!
Thanks!