Fastest drag radial pass in history 4.19!!

Dusty Bradford

History was made Friday at Holly Springs Dragway in Mississippi. Steve Jackson is the 1st stock suspension car on radials to run 4 teens. He traveled from his South Carolina based home to our local super track for some converter testing with PTC. I wasn't able to be there because I was in Reynolds for the Buick race but here's the video.

His previous best was 4.27 at 184mph. 1st pass with the test converter went 4.25. 2nd pass went 4.24. Last pass of the day went 4.19 at 186.

It's a Big block Chevy on methanol with Pro-charger's 136mm monster. It is making well over 3000 hp

That is insane, that track must hook like a mofo! I'd venture to say Fiscus (Kevin) should also be able to run in the teens.

86brick said:
That is insane, that track must hook like a mofo! I'd venture to say Fiscus (Kevin) should also be able to run in the teens.

Fiscus's name is Dave

3,000HP???

Yes. Easily between 3000-3500. 187mph in 4.19 seconds weighing in at 3200#. If he could keep the motor alive for a 1/4 pass that would put it in the 6.3 range at 235-240mph. He ran 1/4 one race early this year and went 6.5 or 6.6 at 230 but he had to de tune it a little to keep the motor alive.

It's our local house of hook.........Holly Springs Mississippi

Nice to see a track keeping it sticky, and smart Dusty. I don't know what the hell happened this year to our local tracks, but it seemed the lubed there hands with the compund for more traction to hook up on more money if you know what I mean. We have a friend that is running the same blower here in IL, but the story here is guys make power, but can not get it to hook 101.. Congrads to Steve, and all you guys having a record.

Thankfully this particular track takes pride in being one of, if not the fastest track in the country. I have 2 tracks within 45 minutes from me but I'll make the 3hr haul to this track for serious testing. The last race at my home track, the promoter wanted the racers to chip in and buy the traction compound so we would have a better surface to race on. Few tracks will spend the $$$ to prep unless they have a really large event.

Congrats on the record, Just a ? how much $$ did the track want for the traction compound

I'm not sure on the final numbers. They called around asking to see how many would chip in and were only planning to buy one 55 gallon drum.

Holly Springs will use over 150 gallons of compound in a weekend.