fastes tta with tta heads an sg1 block

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
im just wondering whats the fastest TTA with TTA heads an SG1 block .....cause i just opend up my new project agin ..... i know noone has ever been in the 9's

I have gone 10.20 @ 22lbs. on C16 No alky. What I think is impressive is Rodney & Ted Derikson's TTA has gone 10.80's with a stock motor. Stock heads, turbo, intercooler, intake, plenum etc. I beleive it holds 8 NHRA records!!!! Anyway with the new technology and Razor's Alky out there somebody should do it.

I went 10.80@124 with a 6262 turbo and Dutt neck IC. The rest of the engine was stock. Original suspension and MT DRs. 100 oct and alky.

About 10 years ago there was one with a stage 2 that went 9's driven to the strip and back. It had a mild built engine with stock location intercooler. It could easily be surpassed with today's tech.

Sweet6, How many times did you do it? Also this car has a stock turbo! Stock intercooler (GN intercooler) I went 9.80 @ 137 with a Stage II 274 w/M&A heads, PTE69, stock loc. intercooler, 72lb inj. on C-16 @ 27lbs boost in '94/'95 Im suprised nobody has done it yet. I think RUSTYNAIL could have done it with his TTA he was putting together. I think he lost interest. The problem is in the heads. But I think Precession might have a new turbo that could do it. Again with the technology with head gaskets, fuel systems & electronics today it can be done. But Im sure there is not to many TTA owners that want to do that to their car now.

Steve Kaminski

I ran 2 10s that day. But the weekend before I trapped above 125.5 5 passes in a row. But I could not get better than a 1.75 60ft. Then 10.80 run I got a 1.52. I pulled a bunch of fuel out of it in 1st and 2nd gear. That did the trick for the 60ft. :)

10.80 with a stock turbo is amazing. I had the 6262 cranking pretty good on that run. lol

Does anyone happen to know the specs on this one? Is he a member here....?

[video=youtube;TE7ULDddI5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE7ULDddI5w[/video]

Sweet6, thats a good running car! You might still have some left in it. As for Rodney's car I put a TTA motor in the car for Fred Vetter when he owned it. Fred wanted to set records with it. He always had a habit of doing that! It has unported stock valve TTA heads on it.

Steve Kaminski

Does anyone happen to know the specs on this one? Is he a member here....?

[video=youtube;TE7ULDddI5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE7ULDddI5w[/video]

That is mine. Stage II block TTA heads. I'm sure she could have been in the 9's but this was the only day I ran the quarter mile with her. But talk is talk and putting down the number is another story. So lets just say that she ran 10.16 @135. She is stock now so we will never know. Man I still love to watch video thanks for posting.

Michael

Jicaju said:
That is mine. Stage II block TTA heads. I'm sure she could have been in the 9's but this was the only day I ran the quarter mile with her. But talk is talk and putting down the number is another story. So lets just say that she ran 10.16 @135. She is stock now so we will never know. Man I still love to watch video thanks for posting.

Michael

Very nice! Seems like nine seconds would have most certainly been a reality for you. The mph was definitely there. Props for taking your TTA that far Michael, not many would.... :)

i seen that pass jicaju car looked stock as a rock outside how many miles 9k-10k it was very clean

Cool thread. Awesome posts and times. I just want to run an 11.90 and I'd be happy. Still unopened motor with bolt ons, I think it should be able to make it to an 11.xx.

I ran 10.30's 130 mph SG1, champion TTA heads, 67 turbo, Alky, 23 lbs of boost< if i turned it up any more Popped a head gasket!!!

The TTA heads can only flow so much Air!!!

Wanted to go into the 9's but hit that wall and I put the Stock motor back in and went back to the GN!!!

Good Luck

JD

I have the SG1 .20 ove JE pistons steel caps rjc girdle an scraper all the bottom end to go 9's just dont know if the merkel heads can do it .... in the future might build a stroker sg1 not sure ... i have so much more to spend money on than 2 cars at the moment

TurboWS6 here on the board went 10.30's in his TTA. His car runs really good for the mods he has. His TTA is full weight and has stock heads that he ported himself, stock bottom end with no steel caps(but I do think it has forged pistons)and a 67 turbo. He drives the car an hour and half to the track on drag radials and runs low 10's and then drives it home. He said it had more in it with the old combo but he recently upgraded to a bigger billet wheel turbo and is hoping for some 9's.

Steve said:
He said it had more in it with the old combo but he recently upgraded to a bigger billet wheel turbo and is hoping for some 9's....

Somebody needs to video that, that would be awesome...

I think he had the T-6665 on that 10.3 run. He lightened his car up a bit too.

His car may be lightend some but its definately not very light or gutted. It has Weld Pro Stars but it has the heavy M/T sportsman fronts and drag radial rears so those are not that light. The interior is all there except for maybe the back seat(I saw it Friday night but didn't look to close) and the body is all stock with no fiberglass(other than factory stuff) parts so i can't imagine its too light. I do think it has a pretty short single exhaust on it so that is some weight savings. The 10.30 run was early in the spring with the CPT-66. He hasn't gotten a good pass with the new turbo yet but he did say it felt stronger with the new turbo.