FASTED iron head

9.58 best et 142.5 best mph 3460# tsm legal

I believe this motor to be the beast formally owned and raced by Roy and Laz..... now owned by Randy...aka SouthernBoost...... in his TSM car...... but I could be wrong...........

I ran 60ft 1.56 10.12 @ 134mph w/ stock ported Iron heads at 28psi. Block was 20 over running RJC HG's and a Turbo Tweak Chip & Granatelli MAF.

This was the motor.
e330856f.jpg

I believe this motor to be the beast formally owned and raced by Roy and Laz..... now owned by Randy...aka SouthernBoost...... in his TSM car...... but I could be wrong...........

TSM3089 is Walt Judy. Kip Asplund done the heads on his motor.

I stand corrected. I found an old post from Laz...

9.64@141.18

i think i remember reading somewhere that he made a killer 1/8 that would have been faster then that but never made a full pass...if 9.64 is the official fastest i think a couple cars next year are gonna put that to the test and shoot for it..

I stand corrected. I found an old post from Laz...

9.64@141.18

Roy/Laz ran 6.0's @114.5mph in the 1/8 mile at our local track Immokalee with their old stock cube iron headed 109 which would equate to around a high 9.40 @144mph in the 1/4. They were using the Champion CNC ported heads that flowed around 200cfm on the intake, nothing special just a very well put together combination and lots of testing.

Here's a 6.13 @112mph pass that Roy made on the same night he ran the 6.0~
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAPoAXwuJg&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Tony Shoaff went 6.01@114.24 1.35 60ft on a set of DLS ported irons. This is with an old school PT-70 turbo too.:cool:

I believe Roy's car ran 9.55 with the irons and the stock computer(ME-r chip)

HMM guess we need an official 1/4 mile ET...seems i have heard 9.55 as well even though on the 1/8mile passes it would have went faster

HMM guess we need an official 1/4 mile ET...seems i have heard 9.55 as well even though on the 1/8mile passes it would have went faster
Yup.. but you have to understand lots of things happen past the 660 mark :eek:

Its like a bottle rocket with a lot of fast burning gun powder.. your trying to keep the report from making it "pop" :D past the 1/8th :wink: